• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Aug 26, 2016 VSO software releases wipe upper/lower class filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
VSO's latest round of updates for ConvertXtoDVD, ConvertXtoHD, Bluray Converter, etc, all include an item in the changelog.

- 0011915: [Suggestion] Clean lower and upper filters while installing to avoid burning problems (cedric) - resolved.

There is no option. It simply wipes them. So, expect other software to stop functioning properly (ie AnyDVD and any RedFox or Elby software that uses ElbyCDFL).

[SARCASM]
Brilliant idea, VSO.
[/SARCASM]

To repair the breakage you'll have to reinstall the "broken" software which is always fun and can require reboots. Fun times.

i've got some direct lines to VSO, i'll ask for some clarification what's going on with that. it could be a case of simple misunderstanding or BAD IDEA. Mail on route to my hotlines

They actually release a new beta every other day, it wont work without AnyDVDHD, so this sounds like a bit of a mistake on their part.

If it had been in one software beta release I'd maybe have let it slide but they added it across the board to all their products. The irony of wiping the filters to potentially fixi burning problems while breaking other software is hard to miss.

They actually release a new beta every other day, it wont work without AnyDVDHD, so this sounds like a bit of a mistake on their part.

Quite simply, it sounds like a major brain fart occurred. Adding wiping the filters as an option during setup like they have with cleaning settings, removing previous installation files, etc, would be acceptable although some people would still screw it up but having it occur by default? It's completely insane.

The impacted software causing this was any VSO release from August 26th with the changelog stating that there was cleaning of filters. As of newer version releases of VSO software (ie Blu-ray Converter 4.0.0.33 beta) the behavior has been removed so that no filters are removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back