• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD 8.3.6.0 Cinavia fix doesn't work with PowerDVD 19.0.1807

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
CyberLink has released an update (19.0.1807) to PowerDVD 19. The Cinavia fix appears to not be working. No purple fox.

CyberLink has released an update (19.0.1807) to PowerDVD 19. The Cinavia fix appears to not be working. No purple fox.
Sorry, works fine here. You need to be more specific, how to reproduce the problem. How exactly PowerDVD is started, PC or TV mode, ...

Sorry, works fine here. You need to be more specific, how to reproduce the problem. How exactly PowerDVD is started, PC or TV mode, ...

Sorry. Playback from a mounted ISO works. The fox turns purple. Playing from a folder - output from CloneBD - plays but the fox doesn't turn purple. Didn't test to see if the audio was muted at the time.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I thought the Cinavia fix worked playback from optical drives, mounted ISOs, and folder playback? Am I incorrect?

Sorry. Playback from a mounted ISO works. The fox turns purple. Playing from a folder - output from CloneBD - plays but the fox doesn't turn purple. Didn't test to see if the audio was muted at the time.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I thought the Cinavia fix worked playback from optical drives, mounted ISOs, and folder playback? Am I incorrect?
I don't think PowerDVD looks for Cinavia during folder playback. If PowerDVD doesn't check, AnyDVD isn't called to remove Cinavia, icon won't turn purple.

I don't think PowerDVD looks for Cinavia during folder playback. If PowerDVD doesn't check, AnyDVD isn't called to remove Cinavia, icon won't turn purple.

You are correct. It's been ages since I actually used PowerDVD with the source being a folder. I could swear it used to detect Cinavia that way, as well, but apparently not. Not very logical, IMO. My mistake. Apologies. :oops:

One thing I'm not getting here.... if you have AnyDVD, why would you pay for Power DVD when you can just use something like Daum's Pot Player which plays unencrypted DVDs/BluRays fine without having to extra pay for it?

You are correct. It's been ages since I actually used PowerDVD with the source being a folder. I could swear it used to detect Cinavia that way, as well, but apparently not. Not very logical, IMO. My mistake. Apologies. :oops:
Interesting. On sites on Cinavia they wrote Cinavia watermark audio signal would stay, even when transcoding to a video file, and PowerDVD one of very few playback softwasre checks for Cinavia, but apperently only for BD-discs/images, not for ripped to folder structure (extracted form, copied to folder? except via image+Virtual drive (looking extracted)?).
That's funny. :)

One thing I'm not getting here.... if you have AnyDVD, why would you pay for Power DVD when you can just use something like Daum's Pot Player which plays unencrypted DVDs/BluRays fine without having to extra pay for it?
Good question. Never understood why. Maybe some other audio features, like 7.1/3D/ whatelse require PowerDVD, BD-disc menu (for more perhaps more easily handling) than maybe with other playback software (except for Cinavia after updating PowerDVD), and for UHD color range settings etc.

Last edited:

There are numerous reasons why having a licensed software player could be useful. That said, I have various software choices for playback including JRiver. PowerDVD serves a purpose and also functions as a fallback.

There are numerous reasons why having a licensed software player could be useful. That said, I have various software choices for playback including JRiver. PowerDVD serves a purpose and also functions as a fallback.
Plus, if your ISO rip isn't working properly with PowerDVD, then you know that something went wrong, and AnyDVD needs to be updated, probably with a AnyDVD log.

:)

Back