[Resolved] AnyDVD 8.3.6.0 Cinavia fix doesn't work with PowerDVD 19.0.1807

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by DrinkLyeAndDie, Jun 25, 2019.

1. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

CyberLink has released an update (19.0.1807) to PowerDVD 19. The Cinavia fix appears to not be working. No purple fox.

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Sorry, works fine here. You need to be more specific, how to reproduce the problem. How exactly PowerDVD is started, PC or TV mode, ...

3. DrinkLyeAndDie

Sorry. Playback from a mounted ISO works. The fox turns purple. Playing from a folder - output from CloneBD - plays but the fox doesn't turn purple. Didn't test to see if the audio was muted at the time.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I thought the Cinavia fix worked playback from optical drives, mounted ISOs, and folder playback? Am I incorrect?

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

I don't think PowerDVD looks for Cinavia during folder playback. If PowerDVD doesn't check, AnyDVD isn't called to remove Cinavia, icon won't turn purple.

5. DrinkLyeAndDie

You are correct. It's been ages since I actually used PowerDVD with the source being a folder. I could swear it used to detect Cinavia that way, as well, but apparently not. Not very logical, IMO. My mistake. Apologies. :oops:

6. Lauren Glenn

Lauren Glenn Member

One thing I'm not getting here.... if you have AnyDVD, why would you pay for Power DVD when you can just use something like Daum's Pot Player which plays unencrypted DVDs/BluRays fine without having to extra pay for it?

7. theosch

theosch Well-Known Member

Interesting. On sites on Cinavia they wrote Cinavia watermark audio signal would stay, even when transcoding to a video file, and PowerDVD one of very few playback softwasre checks for Cinavia, but apperently only for BD-discs/images, not for ripped to folder structure (extracted form, copied to folder? except via image+Virtual drive (looking extracted)?).
    That's funny. :)

Good question. Never understood why. Maybe some other audio features, like 7.1/3D/ whatelse require PowerDVD, BD-disc menu (for more perhaps more easily handling) than maybe with other playback software (except for Cinavia after updating PowerDVD), and for UHD color range settings etc.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  8. DrinkLyeAndDie

There are numerous reasons why having a licensed software player could be useful. That said, I have various software choices for playback including JRiver. PowerDVD serves a purpose and also functions as a fallback.

theosch and whatever_gong82 like this.
  9. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

Plus, if your ISO rip isn't working properly with PowerDVD, then you know that something went wrong, and AnyDVD needs to be updated, probably with a AnyDVD log.

:)

theosch likes this.