• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[ Resolved] Amazon Prime download error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easier than the "fab"! Adding the suggestions above might help you but what about the next people that come along? I don't believe the devs should waste time on making something easier to use when it's already simplified. They should spend their time improving it with other providers and higher resolution.

If this program is that difficult then those people should get cable or a satellite.

Maybe this thread should be locked.
The program isn't that difficult to use. No one is saying that it is. Some users simply have trouble at first figuring out how AmazonPrime streams are downloaded. This thread is evidence of that. Threads like this one are very common here which means there are many other users out there who have the same difficulty initially. It warrants a discussion in my opinion. If you don't feel improvements to the application are warranted in this case fine. That's no reason to call for an end to the conversation, especially one that's civil.

As for my suggestions, I'm really liking my second suggestion. Having the "Downloadable videos" button displayed all the time would be an excellent improvement. Having the button there all the time will draw the attention of the user and be especially helpful to new users. When accessing the AmazonPrime tab for the first time many new users would take note of the greyed out "Downloadable videos (0)" button knowing from the outset that's where you click to download a given stream if available. It would also require no real development effort.

I both like the prompt and the Downloadables 0 button.
The promt should be easy enought to do and the button may be only a few lines to tell AS it should show it always, even if there is no video (I'm no dev at all, this is only a guess). But then the button should be changed to "Analysing" as soon a user hits a site with videos on it so the user knows AS is doing something. If the button keeps at 0 and only changes to videos: x as soon it is done processing the site the user might be thinking there is nothing to download on the site. The same is for the current behaviour where the button only pops up after AS is done, but the user might be already thinking that there is no video on the site because there is no button.
But let's wait what the devs say, if they think it is doable or not.

Two other questions:
-Since @Ch3vr0n is no mod anymore, what is about the feature request stickies and the new one where he wanted us to send him a message for every feature request without a statement from the devs? Do you still have access to it since you createt them so you could add this topic there? It should be the case, but I'm not sure.

-If the devs agree to add the prompt it will have to be translated. I want to offer myself to translate stuff to german if you need someone.
In the same breath I want to make a suggestion: the current german "configure download" window is called "Konfiguration herunterladen", but this is wrong. It should be "Download konfigurieren" since you don't donwload the configuration (what the current translation would mean).

One of the members wants to keep it open so I will do that. No harm here.

Keep the thread, but don’t change anything.
It’s simple, it’s functional, it works.

Sorry, should have clarified.
The current AS ‘downloadables’ implementation is simple, it’s functional, it works, don’t change anything.

Last edited:
Were you talking about the Amazon page or this forum page, you have to be more specific, I don't have anything to do with programming or coding, all I do is keep the forum free of spammers and make sure threads stay on topic.

I both like the prompt and the Downloadables 0 button.
The promt should be easy enought to do and the button may be only a few lines to tell AS it should show it always, even if there is no video (I'm no dev at all, this is only a guess). But then the button should be changed to "Analysing" as soon a user hits a site with videos on it so the user knows AS is doing something. If the button keeps at 0 and only changes to videos: x as soon it is done processing the site the user might be thinking there is nothing to download on the site. The same is for the current behaviour where the button only pops up after AS is done, but the user might be already thinking that there is no video on the site because there is no button.
But let's wait what the devs say, if they think it is doable or not.

Two other questions:
-Since @Ch3vr0n is no mod anymore, what is about the feature request stickies and the new one where he wanted us to send him a message for every feature request without a statement from the devs? Do you still have access to it since you createt them so you could add this topic there? It should be the case, but I'm not sure.

-If the devs agree to add the prompt it will have to be translated. I want to offer myself to translate stuff to german if you need someone.
In the same breath I want to make a suggestion: the current german "configure download" window is called "Konfiguration herunterladen", but this is wrong. It should be "Download konfigurieren" since you don't donwload the configuration (what the current translation would mean).
The developers read the forum, every post, so don't worry about that. Its got enough requests to update the program for 20 years, and if something new comes up the Developers will see it. @ Deepspsce, we have very competent German translators but thank you for offering to help.

The developers read the forum, every post, so don't worry about that. Its got enough requests to update the program for 20 years, and if something new comes up the Developers will see it.
I know that, only want to know if the stickies will be kept up to date if you referred to that part of my text.

I know that, only want to know if the stickies will be kept up to date if you referred to that part of my text.
Yes, they will, like I said the devs read every post on the forum, let them update, when the time is right.

Keep the thread, but don’t change anything.
It’s simple, it’s functional, it works.

Sorry, should have clarified.
The current AS ‘downloadables’ implementation is simple, it’s functional, it works, don’t change anything.
I agree with you, I like it just as is, but please be a bit more specific when you post, I have nothing to do with changing the way the download page looks, only the developers can do that, so its up to them, but having a discussion about it is fine, some disagree with your assessment and mine also, but others would like to change it. In the end, I think Pete and Prospere will make the correct decisions.

This is what I envision with respects to the "Downloadable videos" button. And again, I'm fine with how it is now. I think the below would be a nice improvement though.

anystream_ap_01.jpg
(When going to the AmazonPrime tab initially the "Downloadable videos" button would already be present as shown above.)

anystream_ap_02.jpg
(When navigating to a given page the above "Please wait..." message is displayed as the page is being loaded. Currently the "Please wait..." message disappears the moment the actual web page is fully displayed, but before AnyStream is prepared to display the "Downloadable videos" button or not. I would change this behavior. I would have the "Please wait..." message remain on the screen until AnyStream was prepared to say one way or the other whether any streams were available to download from the page.)

anystream_ap_03.jpg
(Once AnyStream determines whether any streams are available to download from the given page the "Please wait..." message, the progress would reach 100%, the message would go away, AnyStream then populating the above "Downloadable videos (25)" button for example. If no streams were available the "Downloadable videos (0)" button would simply remain displayed which could actually just be a static image.)

Make something idiot proof, and they will build a better idiot.

And no, this is not directed at anyone specific. Just a quote I heard a long time ago that kind of stuck with me. You can't always try to make something idiot, you can simplify things as much a reasonably possible and that's about it. I think it may have taken me once or twice to figure out the big green download button. But now it just seems like common sense once I figured it out.

The big green downloadable button is hard to miss.

Might wanna take a stroll through the forum's amazon topics. Plenty of "amazon drm failure" posts with images, because of clicking on the amazon browser download button instead of the one up top they're supposed to.

Thats true we do get a couple of them a week, but they all get straightened out fast on the forum, thats said I would guess only about 5% of Redfox's customers come to the forum, I think when downloading the program, even with the update it should come in a .zip file with a very small instruction sheet. I know a lot of translation is involved, but I am talking about a small instruction page, we could even do it with google translate.

Thats true we do get a couple of them a week, but they all get straightened out fast on the forum, thats said I would guess only about 5% of Redfox's customers come to the forum, I think when downloading the program, even with the update it should come in a .zip file with a very small instruction sheet. I know a lot of translation is involved, but I am talking about a small instruction page, we could even do it with google translate.
Then you also need to make a guide on how to unzip a zip file. :ROFLMAO:

Then you also need to make a guide on how to unzip a zip file. :ROFLMAO:
Personally, I think if you own a computer you know how to unzip a file, ( I think you are joking with me) Let's give our customers a little more credit than that. Like I have said so many times before, I like the program, as is, the GUI is fine, the program is getting better and better, I think we should move on now to more providers, Just my opinion, the decisions are not up to me.
We could even put a small instruction sheet on the main download page. With auto translation.

I will agree with this.
Remember Hamsmoke I don't have a say in this, but like you, I have an opinion. I have a lot of respect for our developers so I will agree with whatever they do. I love the program.

One of the members wants to keep it open so I will do that. No harm here.

Hi RedFox 1,

Personally I would consider this thread RESOLVED as the correct guidance was provided to the user. The User admitted doing it wrong and were provided with clear guidance that included a screenshot by @cartman0208

upload_2021-6-12_14-31-46.png

I feel if this thread continues, it will just confuse more new users. This thread is what prompted me to create my HOW-TO: AnyStream User Guide (Unofficial) to address these particular issues. Perhaps you can point people to this unofficial guide I posted yesterday. It's broken down by topics, with the initial thread being the Table of Contents with links to each main topic. New users can read it and learn more than enough to hit the ground running immediately after installation... which I cover, too. :cool:

@RonaldS has not responded since he admitted he was doing it wrong, in which his confession was ironically posted just below the answer he was looking for... and you ironically "liked". ;) Obviously RonaldS is not really interested in using his trial successfully.

upload_2021-6-12_14-35-51.png

I like the advice offered by @Lowpro as well...

Just inform the user in 3 easy steps how to download streams via the AmazonPrime tab and call it a day.

I agree with Zero269 in that discussion of possible improvements to the application is more appropriate in its own thread. By all means, shut the thread down again if you like, RedFox 1.

I agree with Zero269 in that discussion of possible improvements to the application is more appropriate in its own thread. By all means, shut the thread down again if you like, RedFox 1.
I will only do it because you asked, I do not want to make people think a good discussion thread was closed for no reason. The thread is closed at members' request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back