• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved after rebooting] Why does 2.9.2.2 report itself as 2.9.2.1?

Dann

I have had problems with write errors since upgrading from 2.0 to 2.1, even though I'm using my normal media which never causes a problem, so when I saw the blurb on 2.9.2.2 I grabbed it right away, but when you click on the welcome lambies to view the version, it reports itself as 2.9.2.1, although the file date shows as 3/12/09.

Whazzup? And has anyone else reported write problems with 2.1?

You have the wrong version of Clonedvd installed then. Mine reports 2.9.2.2

even though I'm using my normal media which never causes a problem

mmmm

That's pretty meaningless.

Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim Datalife Plus, Maxell Plus, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, Regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

If you're using double layer blank media, use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

You have the wrong version of Clonedvd installed then. Mine reports 2.9.2.2
Well, the exe is dated 3/12/2009, so that couldn't be 2.1, could it?
Incidentially, after 4 write failures with 2.1, this one works. :D

Well, the exe is dated 3/12/2009, so that couldn't be 2.1, could it?

Yes, that could be 2.9.2.1

Bottom line is if the program is reporting 2.9.2.1, you have the wrong version installed.

Last edited:
I don't think you installed it fully or correctly if it is still showing 2.9.2.1. Try exiting AnyDVD and make sure CloneDVD isn't running and then download and install 2.9.2.2 again.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2922.jpg
    2922.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 14
mmmm

That's pretty meaningless.If you're using double layer blank media, use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL.
Actually, I do. Just didn't mention it cause I didn't want to get into the brand name roulette, but I agree with everything you said.

I rebooted Vista and now CloneDVD is reporting the correct version, even though I did NOT reinstall.

Strange. :doh:

I rebooted Vista and now CloneDVD is reporting the correct version, even though I did NOT reinstall.

Yeah, that is weird. Sometimes rebooting is necessary to make Anydvd function properly after installing, but typically not Clonedvd.

My executable (for date modified) is 3/13/09, but that doesn't mean a whole lot (except 2.9.2.2 came out the day after 2.9.2.1).

/shrug

Last edited:
Back