• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

resolution to choose for DVDs conversions

MrFussy

Hi all,

I'm wondering how much difference the choice of resolution makes for quality of final copy. Or why is the default resolution 720x404 for Generic MP4 when the DVD standard resolution is 720x480? Any thoughts? Why doesn't it default to the actual DVD resolution? Using the iPad profile defaults are even weirder.

I use Cclone DVD mobile to convert my DVDs for watching on my TV (thru AppleTV2), ipads, and phones. DVD format is 720x480. Sometimes I will change the setting, sometimes I'll leave them, but it never seems to make much VISIBLE difference. I would have thought that the "easiest way to do it would be to leave the resolution as it is so it just needs to compress, but maybe it just doesn't make that much difference.

Thanks,
Mr Fussy.

You should use the one that best match the Media hardware your playing from and not all resolutions can be had.

I check the video's properties and set to it's original values. So far all my DVDs are 720x480. The only thing I need to change usually is the Audio. Sometimes it's 192k, sometimes it's 220k :D

Back