• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolution NF

REALLY REALLY bad planning on Paramount's part...I realize the expense involved...but a major studio should have been filming in widescreen and editing down for TV.
Considering the year it started...we're probably lucky it wasn't Video Taped. I really don't think there was that much difference between the cost of 16mm and 35mm film at the time...actually, I just looked it up...they did use 35mm film, so it was just plain bad planning for the future.

It stinks it's only 4:3 but at least it did not suffer the fate of DS9 and it got remastered.

It stinks it's only 4:3 but at least it did not suffer the fate of DS9 and it got remastered.
That is a thing I can't understand, only because TNG didn't sold that good (or covered all remaster costs, something like that) they decided not to remaster VOY and DS9? I mean, what? I still hope one day they decide to take care of them.

That is a thing I can't understand, only because TNG didn't sold that good (or covered all remaster costs, something like that) they decided not to remaster VOY and DS9? I mean, what? I still hope one day they decide to take care of them.

I had heard somewhere (maybe it was here) that DS9 did not get remastered because of how it was originally filmed did not lend itself to a remaster. Not sure about Voyager but I never cared for that one so I don't have a dog in that particular fight.

LOL. I even liked Enterprise but I have not liked Voyager. However, I think given this exchange I will give it another chance.
On the other hand, I never really liked DS9. I have to say that I watched only random episodes in TV as a kid, so I have no idea about the Timeline or even how many I watched (at first I did not even knew that there are several seasons. I knew the difference between TNG, VOY and so on but that was it...).
I want to watch everything from the beginning to catch all details und understand everything, but since VOY and DS9 were only crap resolution on NF I hope that P+ will have better res and get support in AS as soon as it becomes available in germany.

I did buy the remasters, but I can see where a lot of people wouldn't.

They started by releasing 2 episode VHS tapes for about $20 each....which I did buy a few of and I was just a young kid, so $20 was a big investment.. Then they stopped and started selling the individual seasons on DVD in the big bulky boxes for about $80 each....which I bought all of.
So by that time, I was in for well over $500. I can understand why a lot of people chose not to go for Blu-Ray after that.

The idea that they didn't make enough to cover the costs is more of an excuse than anything else. They still sell those bulky DVD seasons for $20-$30 each 20 years after their release.
If sales were even close to bad....they would have discontinued them long ago.

Back