• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reservation Road

Tried ripping Reservation Road from DVD to my computer after I installed the latest update of Anydvd(6404) and there is no change. CloneDVD tries to repair it immediately then the error pops up, same as before the update. Don't know what else to do besides wait for another fix for this movie.

Try Anydvd 6.3.0.5 beta and Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.0.5 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6405.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVD2916.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Last edited:
Im tried the CloneDVD beta update and still nothing. It says "Trying to repair defective DVD structure" and after it tries get the "unexpected error". I've also done everything you've posted below and still nothing. It is possible that CloneDVD needs an update.

Im tried the CloneDVD beta update and still nothing. It says "Trying to repair defective DVD structure" and after it tries get the "unexpected error". I've also done everything you've posted below and still nothing. It is possible that CloneDVD needs an update.

I also told you to update Anydvd. You need to start following the instructions I listed.

here is what you requested:

Im using both updated versions of CloneDVD (2916) and AnyDVD (6405) and the error I get is from CloneDVD and it says:

"unexpected error"

"Please be sure that all input files atre available and they represent a properly mastered DVD. If the error persists, please send an error description to bugs@elby.com.

[NavigationPack 6 0 18 7VOBU 4 0 18 PictureReader]

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_RESERVATION_ROAD.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
You have Sonic DLA or Drag to Disc installed. Remove these filters and you should be able to copy this disc it only has CSS protection on it.

drvmcdb (system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.22.13.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.22.13a

PxHelp20 (System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys), Version: 3.0.56.0 (2.0.0.0)
Product: PxHelp20
Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
FileVersion: 3.00.56a

Yes....

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order to remove those filters.

Keep in mind that the programs that installed those filters will no longer function properly.

Or if you can go to Control Panel>>>> add/remove programs and uninstall sonic all together.

when you say remove the filters do you mean uninstall it?

Afc (system32\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

This Arcsoft filter does cause conflicts with Slysoft software. Possibly Arcsoft Photo impressions installed that filter.

drvmcdb (system32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.22.13.0 (1.0.0.1)
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.22.13a

You have Roxio/Sonic's Drive Letter Access packet writing software on your system, which may cause conflicts with Anydvd and other programs. If you need to drag and drop files to burn (as you would to a floppy disc), then use dvd-ram instead (and I suggest using a FAT file system with dvd-ram), which is more stable.

Pfc (system32\drivers\pfc.sys), Version: 2.5.0.204 (2.5.0.204)
Company: Padus, Inc.
Product: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.
Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 2, 5, 0, 204
ProductVersion: 2, 5, 0, 204

PFC - Padus ASPI Shell filter driver. Comes with Nero 6.x/7.x.x if you choose to install it, comes with WinDVD Creator, it comes with DiscJuggler and it comes with NVIDIA Purevideo decoder. (from http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html)

I doubt this filter is causing problems, but it might.

sscdbhk5 (system32\drivers\sscdbhk5.sys), Version: 1.10.90.0 (1.0.0.1)
Copyright: Copyright © 2004 Sonic Solutions
Description: Shared Driver Component
FileVersion: 1.10.90a

A Shared Driver Component used by Veritas and Sonic Solutions (from http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html)
It's possible that filter may cause issues

ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "DRVMCDB". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "afc". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "pfc". Click "Remove selected filter". Select "sscdbhk5." Click remove selected filter. Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind the programs that installed those filters will no longer work properly.

Last edited:
You have Sonic DLA or Drag to Disc installed. Remove these filters and you should be able to copy this disc it only has CSS protection on it.

Pxhelp20--Part of Sonic Burning engine, it's made by prassi/veritas and licensed to Sonic. Comes with Winamp, 1click DivxToDVD and (older versoins of Digion Audio) rarely causes conflicts with Slysoft software

Afc is far more prone to causing problems.

Last edited:
OK I removed Sonic and CloneDVD still doesnt work. I already have IMGburn but what Im trying to find out is why CloneDVD isnt doing its job. I told the other Moderator last night that CloneDVD needs to be updated and I just got the run-a-round. So does CloneDVD need an update or not? I've been using the same software for over 7 years now and this is the 2nd time this has happened. I've never had to add or removing anything in the last 7 years.

Last edited:
OK I removed Sonic and CloneDVD still doesnt work.

You need to do this (removing sonic is not enough):

iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "DRVMCDB". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "afc". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "pfc". Click "Remove selected filter". Select "sscdbhk5." Click remove selected filter. Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

I already have IMGburn but what Im trying to find out is why CloneDVD isnt doing its job.

It's not a Clonedvd issue. If anything, the problem is with Anydvd. But we can't tell because your filters are all gummed up still.

Anydvd 6.4.0.3 beta appeared to handle this disc perfectly fine. Anydvd 6.4.0.4 didn't. I don't know about 6.4.0.5 yet, because your filters are still messed up.

I told the other Moderator last night that CloneDVD needs to be updated

And you're still mistaken.

and I just got the run-a-round.

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

Continue to be rude (and wrong), and you will find yourself unwelcome here. Consider this a warning. :policeman:

Last edited:
There is no structural copy protection on the DVD, so shouldn't the AI scanner be inactive :confused:

James would know better than I would, but I speculate the disc may contain structural protection, and it's possible that the heuristic scanner isn't detecting it. The A.I. scanner doesn't appear to be active for this disc, but if it were, it would fail (so my telling the OP to try forcing the AI scanner on would be pointless).

I mean, really, if the disc only contains CSS, why would Anydvd 6.4.0.4 be choking on it? Something else has to be going on here.

The information from the status screen for Anydvd 6.4.0.4 has got to be wrong:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.0.4)
JLMS XJ-HD166S DTS5
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: RESERVATION_ROAD
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
Are you saying that I was being rude?? About what? I've done everything you guys have asked and I'm still back at square 1. If you tok anything I've said the wrong way then I apologise.
Here's where I'm at:
-Updated both Clone & AnyDVD
-Restarted 2x
-Removed everthing Sonic
-Restarted again
-Same reults

Do you want me to send you another log?? I'll just do it anyway. Here it is

Attachments

3.5 MB · Views: 2
Are you saying that I was being rude?? About what? I've done everything you guys have asked and I'm still back at square 1. If you tok anything I've said the wrong way then I apologise.
Here's where I'm at:
-Updated both Clone & AnyDVD
-Restarted 2x
-Removed everthing Sonic
-Restarted again
-Same reults

Do you want me to send you another log?? I'll just do it anyway. Here it is
I believe he meant by rude saying I just get the run around? He'll be best to answer though. There is several updates for your firmware though on your drive: http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2294 So update to the latest. What error are we getting with CloneDVD2? Can you give use a screen shot of the exact error and can you hit the button to get the extra info from CloneDVD2 as well and type it verbatim? I have a feeling you have a bad disc or your drive may be dieing.

If you tok anything I've said the wrong way then I apologise.

You said I was giving you "the run around". I wasn't. I was trying to figure out what the problem is. There is a known issue with this disc and Anydvd 6.4.0.4 click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=13253

I don't know if Anydvd 6.4.0.5 can't handle this disc for sure though, because your filter stack still needs to be cleaned.

That said, chances are you will need to wait for an Anydvd update. The problem is likely Anydvd 6.4.0.5 beta and Anydvd 6.4.0.4 don't handle this disc properly. For some reason Anydvd 6.4.0.3 beta appeared to work.

But this isn't a Clonedvd issue, since Anydvd 6.4.0.3 beta seemed to work.

-Removed everthing Sonic

Yes, but you didn't remove these two:

Afc (system32\drivers\Afc.sys), Version: 1.0.0.2 (1.0.0.2)
Company: Arcsoft, Inc.
Product: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Arcsoft, Inc. 1999-2005. All rights reserved.
Description: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 2

Pfc (system32\drivers\pfc.sys), Version: 2.5.0.204 (2.5.0.204)
Company: Padus, Inc.
Product: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.
Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 2, 5, 0, 204
ProductVersion: 2, 5, 0, 204

iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order.Select "afc". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Select "pfc". Click "Remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever programs installed those filters will no longer work properly.

Do you want me to send you another log??

Not until after you do step 1 and retry with Clonedvd 2.9.1.6 beta

2. We need full error messages please. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"). Thank you

Last edited:
The 2 other filters have been removed and I rebooted and here is what CloneDVD says:

"Please be sure that all input files atre available and they represent a properly mastered DVD. If the error persists, please send an error description to bugs@elby.com.

[NavigationPack 6 0 18 7VOBU 4 0 18 PictureReader]

This error is inside the video window therefor there is not a details button.
Here's the updated logfile

Attachments

3.5 MB · Views: 4
Back