• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request

Rusty257

Is it possible to ask the web developers to create a pop up or something for that when a new user signs up they are REQUIRED to read the stickies!!:bang:
Or some way that a search can be performed for them on the topic they want to ask about. I would guess for Webslingy:bowdown: and other moderators it gets quite old having to cut and paste the same responses everyday every hour. when i would think a lot of that could be cut down if a new user would be required to search or read something before they sign up and post a "its not working" thread but give no addition info or havent just scrolled down the page to see there are already 20 threads on the same movie.
Lastly Blu-Ray is the devil.

Wrong place to ask but yes it can be done if you manually add the modification to the forum home/display template.

Or some way that a search can be performed for them on the topic they want to ask about.
there is a search function already at the top of the forum pages.

i would say this as a suggestion:
before you can create a thread in one of the product forums especially,you go through a process including drop-down menu's for each of the slysoft products to select which program you are having problems with,then moving onto the problem itself via another drop-down and if the problem isn't listed you'd be able to type in key words to search for regarding a particular problem.

it seems nearly every day that someone is posting about a "trial period ending" (more often than not due to a shared key).
if people just took a minute or two to look,they'd find the solution VERY easily indeed.

Last edited:
yes there is the search function but wouldnt that make it to easy and eliminate the need to post a useless thread?:doh:

yes there is the search function but wouldnt that make it to easy and eliminate the need to post a useless thread?:doh:

Who is to judge what a "useless" thread is?
A thread that possibly seems "useless" to one person can be very important to another person.

i understand that, but i would guess a lot of the ones i would view as useless could have been solved if someone would just search the forums. everyweek when new titles come out there are multiple threads that get created on the same topic. sorry, i guess just venting today.

And I understand your point as well but such is the way of all forums. :D

In an ideal world everyone would read Stickies. We don't live in an ideal world. Even if a forum was configured to make people read the Stickies first most people would blindly click through them and not actually read them.

Randomly go to different forums and you will invariably find the same problems. People don't use the Search feature and people don't read Stickies. People repeatedly ask the same questions even if their post is literally right above a post that asked the same question. Why? Some people are in a hurry. Some people are lazy. Some people want one-on-one attention. Some people don't know any better while others simply don't care.

An ideal world would be lovely but we definitely don't live in one.

you forgot to mention to have Blu-Ray disappear.

Back