• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Request trial license - get back HTTP error 12030

calsdad

After a few years away I came back to try AnyDVD again - and noticed that you had the new AnyStream product. So I downloaded the 1.5.2.3_64bit version and installed it, then requested the trial license - and started up the app and first tried it out with my Amazon Prime account. It worked great - I downloaded 2 different movies and a season of Downton Abbey, played portions of them to make sure they worked - and everything appeared to be fine. After doing that - because I was having some other issues , I updated my Windows 10 install with the latest updates (it hadn't been done in quite a while). And the system had to be rebooted. After the reboot - I started up AnyStream again - tried to connect to Amazon Prime and it would not connect. I tried a number of times, tried shutting down AnyStream and re-opening, tried rebooting the system a number of times - etc. Finally I un-installed AnyStream (including the trial license) - and then re-installed it.

Now - when I try to start up AnyStream it comes up with a pop-up message: "No license found for this application, Do you wish to request a trial license?" If I click Yes - I get another pop-up message that reads: " HTTP error 12030 " , If I startup the "AnyStream Registration" app - it opens a Windows Explorer window to This PC -> Documents - where I don't have any registration to load.

I'm unsure how to proceed here, I read thru the forum and saw some other postings with people having the " HTTP error 12030 " issue - and it was due to the licensing server being down. Is that happening again? The only explanation I can think of is that something has blocked access to the licensing server and that's why I can't get this to work.

That http error leans something is blocking internet access

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Could be true @Ch3vr0n - but without knowing a server address and the port it's talking on I have no way to try and track that down.

And it worked yesterday - without any issues whatsoever that I noticed. And everything else I use that connects to the internet - appears to be working fine.

So the Occam's Razor explanation is that the server itself is having an issue - especially considering it's been posted here before that it had gone down.

. Finally I un-installed AnyStream (including the trial license) - and then re-installed it.
I believe the issue here is, trying to install the trial version more than once, the server is not having any issue that I know of. At this moment there are many people using the Trial and we are not hearing from them so I do believe your issue is an isolated one, let me see what we can do. This HTTP error 12030 is a networking error. I believe when you updated your machine it may have changed something I will contact someone to help you.

Thanks. I was going to try the product out on my Netflix account and make sure it worked there for me as well - and then do a purchase of AnyDVD and AnyStream. But if I can't make it work I can't evaluate it.

The original problem was that - for some reason - after doing the Windows 10 update and rebooting the machine , I could get AnyStream to start up, but I could not get it to connect to Amazon Prime. It kept throwing an error (sorry - I didn't write it down). If thought that maybe if I started from scratch and re-installed AnyStream into the system as-updated it might start working again. Seemed an easier route to take rather than banging my head against the wall trying to unravel why it was suddenly not working after the update.

Thanks. I was going to try the product out on my Netflix account and make sure it worked there for me as well - and then do a purchase of AnyDVD and AnyStream. But if I can't make it work I can't evaluate it.

The original problem was that - for some reason - after doing the Windows 10 update and rebooting the machine , I could get AnyStream to start up, but I could not get it to connect to Amazon Prime. It kept throwing an error (sorry - I didn't write it down). If thought that maybe if I started from scratch and re-installed AnyStream into the system as-updated it might start working again. Seemed an easier route to take rather than banging my head against the wall trying to unravel why it was suddenly not working after the update.
Please be patient. The man in charge of licensing may or may not respond immediately. We arent going anyplace. Thank you for your interest in the AnyStream software project.

Now - when I try to start up AnyStream it comes up with a pop-up message: "No license found for this application, Do you wish to request a trial license?" If I click Yes - I get another pop-up message that reads: " HTTP error 12030 " , If I startup the "AnyStream Registration" app - it opens a Windows Explorer window to This PC -> Documents - where I don't have any registration to load.

Thanks for posting here. I tried to find the reason for your issue - without success.

I nuked your trial license and next time you start AnyStream, you should get offered a new trial.

Thanks for posting here. I tried to find the reason for your issue - without success.

I nuked your trial license and next time you start AnyStream, you should get offered a new trial

Thanks - once I can connect AnyStream to the internet I will see if that resolves the first problem I was seeing with AnyStream where it would not connect to either Amazon or Netflix.

At the moment my problem is that when I open AnyStream I first get a message that "No License was found for this application":

1679354100069.png

Then - if I click "Yes" - I almost immediately get back a popu message from AnyStream that says "HTTP error 12031" :

1679354217940.png

I'm guessing that something started blocking AnyStream - because when I first installed it - everything appeared to work fine. I did the install, the app started right up , I was able to connect to Amazon Prime and downloaded a couple of movies and a TV series. Then I did a Windows 10 update because of a separate problem I was having - and after rebooting the system - I found that AnyStream would not connect to Amazon. So I un-installed it - re-installed it - and that's when I started getting the "HTTP error 12031" issue.

I'm guessing that something - somewhere - started blocking my connection and that's why I was not able to get to Amazon Prime originally - and now cannot connect to the RedFox to download a new trial license. But I have no insight into what port number or IP address any of this is going to - so I can try to determine where the connection is failing. Are there any log files that AnyStream writes out anywhere ? I have been looking and haven't found anything ...............

Thats your computer, something is blocking the internet to the program. You will have to fix it.

Thanks for the help - you at least pointed me in the right direction. My computer has admittedly been acting up over the last few months - with a lot of web sites loading very slowly. After seeing your response - I went to my wife's computer, which is on the same network mine is - and going out to the internet thru the same router/firewall - and everything worked just fine there. Every website I went to loaded quite quickly.

So I went back to my PC and started looking for possible culprits - the network adapter appears to be functioning correctly - etc.

I use the Kaspersky product for anti-virus and long story short : The problem appears to have something to do with Kaspersky. I can't seem to figure out which component is causing the issue - but if I just shut everything off - AnyStream loads , brings down the trial license - and loads up Amazon and Netflix within the AnyStream interface. If I start re-enabling the Kaspersky features - AnyStream won't connect again.

If I can figure out exactly what the problem is I'll post it back here for future reference.

If it has a firewall option, whitelist (firewall exception) the AS application

If it has a firewall option, whitelist (firewall exception) the AS application

It's looking like that's going to be a lot easier said than done.

So far - if I just shut down ALL of the Kaspersky functionality :
Shut off file anti-virus
Shut off Web anti-virus
Shut off Mail anti-virus
Shut off Network attack blocker
Shut off AMSI protection
Shut off System Watcher

...... then I can open up AnyStream and get access to Amazon and Netflix.

But if turn any one of them on - then AnyStream can't access the internet.

To make it even more complicated to figure out - it appears that there's a delayed reaction to turning on the Kaspersky features - and AnyStream not working. I can turn on one of the Kaspersky features - and Anystream will connect right after doing so. But close AnyStream and then leave the system for a while (like 10-15 minutes) - and then open AnyStream again - and now it can't connect.

I tried adding AnyStream to what appears to be the Kaspersky whitelist - but it doesn't appear to have any effect.

What a PITA.

@calsdad
1) First you talked about "HTTP error 12030", later then about "HTTP error 12031". Did you get both or just one of them?
2) Your wife's computer seems to work. Are you both connected via WiFi or LAN?
3) If WiFi, please try to connect your PC via your smartphone hotspot and check if same error occurs with different ISP.
4) If Wifi, try also connect via a LAN cable.

Back