• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Amazon CBR video quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously doubt whether thats going to happen.

I don't think so, it's a much requested feature and shouldn't be that hard to implent, ofc i don't know how it actually works within Anystream, but it's as simple as adding parameter to the GET request in the browser, but like i said, i don't know how Anystream works. But saying that you doubt a much requested feature isn't going to be implented is a bit weird (i mean no disrepect in this). Feature requests like this should be taken seriously, especially if the users pay over a 100 euros for it.

I don't think so, it's a much requested feature and shouldn't be that hard to implent, ofc i don't know how it actually works within Anystream, but it's as simple as adding parameter to the GET request in the browser, but like i said, i don't know how Anystream works. But saying that you doubt a much requested feature isn't going to be implented is a bit weird (i mean no disrepect in this). Feature requests like this should be taken seriously, especially if the users pay over a 100 euros for it.
Well, then you can wait for it. You dont even know if Amazon or any provider had both VBR and CBR. You are taking too much for granted.

I have asked this before without an answer so I'll ask again because I like to know how things work. How do you know AP offers both CBR and VBR for download?
You still are not getting an answer from anyone. I wonder why? It happens to be a great question, but no one seems to be able to give you an intelligent answer.

You say you don't know how it actually works within AnyStream (which is logical, none of us do), but how do you know then it's as simple as adding a GET parameter. Knowing how simple or dificult something is, requires knowing how something works. Which you don't. AnyStream fetches a playlist, if that playlist it receives doesn't get a CBR/VBR stream it's not going to be able to download any.

You say you don't know how it actually works within AnyStream (which is logical, none of us do), but how do you know then it's as simple as adding a GET parameter. Knowing how simple or dificult something is, requires knowing how something works. Which you don't. AnyStream fetches a playlist, if that playlist it receives doesn't get a CBR/VBR stream it's not going to be able to download any.
Great answer. Seriously.

Well, then you can wait for it. You dont even know if Amazon or any provider had both VBR and CBR. You are taking too much for granted.
What do you mean with `You dont even know if Amazon or any provider had both VBR and CBR.`? I'm 100% sure that Amazon has both CBR and VBR, also know how to get it. So no idea what you are talking about?
Another thing is that i find your responses rather rude then helpful. Just because you don't agree on something, doesn't mean it isn't a useful feature. I'm not taking to much for granted, this product is being sold that it can do 1080p/HD, but it only does that for Amazon (and agree to disagree, only VBR which is inferior to CBR imo, but not opening that discussion again). It seems more and more that the team is focused on adding more and more services to use as a marketing point, instead of fixing things like 1080p for all the services.

What do you mean with `You dont even know if Amazon or any provider had both VBR and CBR.`? I'm 100% sure that Amazon has both CBR and VBR, also know how to get it. So no idea what you are talking about?
Another thing is that i find your responses rather rude then helpful. Just because you don't agree on something, doesn't mean it isn't a useful feature. I'm not taking to much for granted, this product is being sold that it can do 1080p/HD, but it only does that for Amazon (and agree to disagree, only VBR which is inferior to CBR imo, but not opening that discussion again). It seems more and more that the team is focused on adding more and more services to use as a marketing point, instead of fixing things like 1080p for all the services.
The difference between the two is so small, it is not even worth the trouble of adding it. That is my opinion, just because someone doesn't agree with you, it's a rude answer? Please.

Amazon (like any other services) gives you a playlist, but in the case of Amazon, you can add a specific parameter to get the CBR playlist instead of the VBR playlist. I do know how it works, but not within Anystream. But i doubt that Anystream uses a different method for requesting the playlist. My answer is based on the things i know, but like i already said, i just don't know how it works within Anystream.

If you know how to get it. Please do so. Because in my opinion, it would useless here. We get the VBR stream and VBR is a better stream, better quality, and better picture.

We get the VBR stream and VBR is a better stream, better quality, and better picture.

How dare you talk like this?

You are not the extreme judge on differences. Your judgement is not absolute.

It's your judgment that could not be mine.

For me having paid 100€ that difference could be huge.

And please don't be hypocrital talking about "respect" or something like "politcally correct" or similar bs.

You're the first one traying imposing from more than 4 thread pages your own monocratic view and bullying anyone who say different.

Last edited:

This is just my opinion (aren't they all?) but if you do know the different commands to pull both CBR and VBR lists for the same title then I would recommend sending a PM to Pete or one of the Devs with the specifics and maybe they will consider adding it to the feature requests list as an option in the future once things settle down a bit? Maybe something for the Pro version since most people don't care if it's CBR or VBR? This thread has been entertaining and slightly educational all over how one provider encodes their videos when quality can vary for each video depending on what parameters they used at that moment in time. ;-)

This is just my opinion (aren't they all?) but if you do know the different commands to pull both CBR and VBR lists for the same title then I would recommend sending a PM to Pete or one of the Devs with the specifics and maybe they will consider adding it to the feature requests list as an option in the future once things settle down a bit? Maybe something for the Pro version since most people don't care if it's CBR or VBR? This thread has been entertaining and slightly educational all over how one provider encodes their videos when quality can vary for each video depending on what parameters they used at that moment in time. ;-)
Overall, VBR produces better quality streams, and on-demand video transcoding provides the flexibility to use VBR, so it's a no-brainer. Variable bitrate produces higher quality streams.

Overall, VBR produces better quality streams, and on-demand video transcoding provides the flexibility to use VBR, so it's a no-brainer. Variable bitrate produces higher quality streams.

Amen brothers. The wise has spoken.

Could you give me your paypal? I want to pay you too for the great consulting.

How dare you talk like this?

You are not the extreme judge on differences. Your judgement is not absolute.

It's your judgment that could not be mine.

For me having paid 100€ that difference could be huge.

And please don't be hypocrital talking about "respect" or something like "politcally correct" or similar bs.

You're the first one traying imposing from more than 4 thread pages your own monocratic view and bullying anyone who say different.
You are correct these are all just opinions, but the fact remains, no one knows that both streams are even available, if they were why wouldn't Amazon give you a choice, if this was so important. The fact is that they give you the best possible stream, why wouldn't they? The tiny difference is in the viewer's opinion. Obviously, they have chosen to implement the best one.

It actually doesn’t for Amazon Prime. There’s a reason most AMZN releases are CBR

The original topic is about how one provider (Amazon) encodes their VBR vs. CBR videos and it is implied that Amazon's CBR is better quality which would also most likely be larger files compared to their VBR files of similar quality. It kind of morphed into a CBR/VBR general discussion which is like talking politics and people always disagree there. I would expect this request to be on the feature request list like other requests with the technical method of requesting the different formats provided to the Devs if they don't already know the details? The maybe we can end the thread for a while? :)

It actually doesn’t for Amazon Prime. There’s a reason most AMZN releases are CBR
I was not even aware of what stream they were providing, from this thread it seems that the few people wanted a CBR stream, so you say that's what they provide? That's great then. The few that wanted it, are getting it already.

I was not even aware of what stream they were providing, from this thread it seems that the few people wanted a CBR stream, so you say that's what they provide? That's great then. The few that wanted it, are getting it already.
No, Amazon provides both, anystream only gets VBR. I meant scene/p2p releases are usually CBR

No, Amazon provides both, anystream only gets VBR. I meant scene/p2p releases are usually CBR
Now I get the whole gist of the thread, The Scene needs CBR so we should provide it for them. I get it now. Thank you Sally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back