• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request Amazon CBR video quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
They usually don't tell if there is something in the work or not, you have to wait till it has been added. You will see it in the changelog.

As opposed to constant bitrate, VBR varies the amount of output data per time segment. ...VBR allows you to set a maximum and minimum bitrate. The advantages of VBR are that it produces a better quality-to-space ratio compared to a CBR file of the same data. Especially in .mp4 files. VBR is way better in my opinion.

Absolutely +1 on this (I'm a licensed user).

Sometimes (as said on the dedicated thread) VBR can be much worse.

Moreover, why not give the possibility to chose and then compare (if the user want to)?

Options are always a wonderful things.

So + 1.

Last edited:
As opposed to constant bitrate, VBR varies the amount of output data per time segment. ...VBR allows you to set a maximum and minimum bitrate. The advantages of VBR are that it produces a better quality-to-space ratio compared to a CBR file of the same data. Especially in .mp4 files. VBR is way better in my opinion.
This is not true, CBR is mostly superior. Even though the VBR has a higher bitrate sometimes, the CBR is still superior is 99% of the times.

They usually don't tell if there is something in the work or not, you have to wait till it has been added. You will see it in the changelog.
Well I've been keeping an eye on the release logs for almost a year now, and it's still "UNDER CONSIDERATION", so I think it's fair to make a post for it.

The point is that this software is a downloader, not a judge of video quality.

It needs to have the possibility to download everything's available.

Moreover i think it's not that dramatic from a developer point, add a menu option in the gui and a parameter in the calling to request the CBR video quality.

Moreover i think it's not that dramatic from a developer point, add a menu option in the gui and a parameter in the calling to request the CBR video quality.
That's true.

It would be very nice to have an option to choose between CBR and VBR.

How do you know that the content providers provide both?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moreover, why not give the possibility to chose and then compare (if the user want to)?
I dont think that will happen, but only the developers can answer your question.

This is not a tool that should do that. It is supposed to be a simple tool to use, not a tool that requires learning and teaching.

Well I've been keeping an eye on the release logs for almost a year now, and it's still "UNDER CONSIDERATION", so I think it's fair to make a post for it.
Yes, it is still under consideration, keep an eye out.

It is supposed to be a simple tool to use, not a tool that requires learning and teaching.

What? Do you think that choosing an option (between TWO) requires LEARNING?

Don't you tkink you have an issue on judging what a "complex" tool' is? :)

What? Do you think that choosing an option (between TWO) requires LEARNING?

Don't you tkink you have an issue on judging what a "complex" tool' is? :)
I think I already told you my stance on the issue. I really will let the developers decide.

not sure if its related, but i think it is. i found through various sources a season of a turbo old tv series, that supposedly came from prime. 14.4mbps per episode, roughly 4.8gb per episode. i have never seen this with any of the tv stuff ive downloaded with AS from prime. the quality is beyond superb. whats even weirder, this particular tv series does not have a bluray release. and i dont think it was remastered. unfortunately, prime does not offer this series in HD today, only SD. which makes the entire thing even weirder. btw, where can i see whether something is CBR or VBR? where in mediainfo?

Developers could add CBR to the PRO version so whoever needs CBR will be happy and developers could get extra $ for their troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back