• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion [REQ] Allow downloading of multiple audio tracks at the same time

Hi, new here. Long time AnyDVD user finally switching over to team AS+... and this is the closest thread I could find to my general question.

I see that it's possible to download multiple language audio files / subtitle tracks in the same download. Great, awesome!

However, is it also possible to select/download multiple audio codecs of the same language (e.g. Eng --> AAC stereo "&" DD+ surround) in the same download (provided multiple audio encodings are available, obviously)?

The only work around I found is downloading the video twice with the different audio codecs and the remuxing, which is fairly labor intensive. If anyone smarter than me (most people) has a more efficient method or knows if this ability has been requested/discussed before please let me know. Thanks and liking AS+ so far.

Hi, new here. Long time AnyDVD user finally switching over to team AS+... and this is the closest thread I could find to my general question.

I see that it's possible to download multiple language audio files / subtitle tracks in the same download. Great, awesome!

However, is it also possible to select/download multiple audio codecs of the same language (e.g. Eng --> AAC stereo "&" DD+ surround) in the same download (provided multiple audio encodings are available, obviously)?

The only work around I found is downloading the video twice with the different audio codecs and the remuxing, which is fairly labor intensive. If anyone smarter than me (most people) has a more efficient method or knows if this ability has been requested/discussed before please let me know. Thanks and liking AS+ so far.
at the time
there isnt.
the workaround you found is the only method
and when i remeber right, as long as you stay in the same video codec the download shouldnt count towards the 500 limit if that is concerning you.

Please elaborate the reason for that. I can't imagine why you would need two variants of the same language.

Thanks for the quick reply, supersonik. Glad I wasn't missing something obvious.

As for my reasoning... I'm running a Plex setup that servers a wide array of devices with various abilities to handle different audio codecs. Yes, plex will transcode / downmix DD+ to whatever my device can handle. but as a general rule I try to avoid transcoding from lossy to lossy as much as humanly possible. I understand I am a bit of edge case and me being OCD about things.

Please elaborate the reason for that. I can't imagine why you would need two variants of the same language.
Not only because of possible playback issues (why I don't use h265), but also because it is easier to just download something that is already there than transcoding it by hand.
Also, it is most probably endoded in a better way than I could do it.

I once made a poweshell script that grabbed the audiostreams from two files and muxed them in one file, and that for all files in a certain folder ... at the time, when only one audio per file was possible.
That script can probably be adjusted to get to your goal.

You guys should get some decent playback hardware. The hazzles you are dealing with are just insane. And you deal with really bad audio if you ever listened to a decent audio equipment.

You guys should get some decent playback hardware. The hazzles you are dealing with are just insane. And you deal with really bad audio if you ever listened to a decent audio equipment.
No always that easy. Here at home I have 5.1 setup with a SHIELD which can handle pretty much anything. No worries. But if I go see my dad and decide I want to watch a movie, he does not have 5.1. He has a SHIELD but just uses his TV speakers. He's not going to upgrade to 5.1. So, having a 2.0 track is very helpful and sounds much better than a transcoded 5.1.

Schucks! I always upscale audio with Auro3D and never heard that downscaling 5.1 to 2.0 sounds worse. But believe me - I'm not the person who will test that. TV audio is so bad that I can hardly stand it.

Back