• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Replacement For PowerDVD When Using Process Monitor?

I wanted to find a replacement software player for PowerDVD when using process monitor to find the main movie MPLS and did not want to use TMT.

I went thru 13 software players that looked like they had the potential to work with process monitor. The closest was VLC 64bit version which listed over 100 MPLS in process monitor.

No matter how you adjusted the filters in process monitor I could not get it to work with VLC 64bit software player.

Still looks like PowerDVD is the only way to go in process monitor for finding the main movie MPLS

Tools used for the tests:
process monitor
powerDVD 13
BD-ROM John Wick region A, country version US valid MPLS 641
anyDVD ISO image protected
anyDVD ISO image not protected
anyDVD HD
anyDVD virtual clonedrive (the sheep)

Hi Eddie

The player MUST be a Licensed player, this is because this protection is resolved running the Java script in the Licenced player and it then conditionally choosing the correct MPLS, and it has to be running WITHOUT ANYDVD running in background.
In other words, the players like VLC etc wont reveal the correct playlist (MPLS).

However, this is NOT the reason you are getting loads of MPLS files listed in the Proc Mon.
Its all to do with timing.
You must NOT let Proc Mon run until you are just about to select the Movie from the Blu Ray Menu. Or more accurately, you must be at the stage where the next click you make will start the actual movie playing.
So, when you are at that stage, ready to play the actual movie, start Proc Mon processing and then click to start the movie.
You will end up with a few MPLS files (all the same number) which are the menu MPLS and the latter MPLS file(s) will be the movie.

Do ALL the above using the ORIGINAL Disk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back