• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Replacement Blu-ray Writer

My LG Writer finally packed up after 10 years

Any Recommendations for a replacement ?

It depends on what your intent is with the new drive. The provided links bring you on the right track. However, if you also want to burn BD-50 discs be warned. The LG drives only burn all discs up to BD-25 in good quality. But make trouble with BD-50.
So - for reading go for the LG type drives. If burning is the priority I suggest Pioneer BDR-209 or BDR-212 also for BD-50. The trade-off: The Pioneer drives can't be modified (yet) to read UHD discs.

If burning BD-50 is something you are interested in, see this thread in German and run it through Google translator. If not, just ignore it.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/uhd-filme-backup-auf-bd50-discs.77673/#post-508611

FYI: I have 2 LG BH16NS55 flashed to ASUS 3.10 firmware for reading and a Pioneer BDR-209 for burning.

Wrong section, not an anydvd bd problem. Moved to drives section

It depends on what your intent is with the new drive. The provided links bring you on the right track. However, if you also want to burn BD-50 discs be warned. The LG drives only burn all discs up to BD-25 in good quality. But make trouble with BD-50.
So - for reading go for the LG type drives. If burning is the priority I suggest Pioneer BDR-209 or BDR-212 also for BD-50. The trade-off: The Pioneer drives can't be modified (yet) to read UHD discs.

If burning BD-50 is something you are interested in, see this thread in German and run it through Google translator. If not, just ignore it.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/uhd-filme-backup-auf-bd50-discs.77673/#post-508611

FYI: I have 2 LG BH16NS55 flashed to ASUS 3.10 firmware for reading and a Pioneer BDR-209 for burning.

Hello,

Thanks for the information. My (Now Defunct) Drive was an LG BH10LS30. It handled BD25 & BD50 Discs with no problem at all. AnyDVDHD ripped all discs with only a few issues on certain titles. It lasted 10 Years. Ill check the Pioneer drives out. I have no intention of UHD Discs and Blanks are expensive.

Back