• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Repeatedly Stalling During D/L -> 1.1.2.0

sure, I can never get edge to download mp4 instead of playing them automatically, but then again, when my "effort" was rather limited as I have other things that can do that ;)

Another interesting addition. Had another title install during the session, so I started a simultaneous d/l of the same title (video only) in Edge. It d/l'd without issue, at a constant mbps, whil e AS struggled to make any real way. Even more interesting - the Edge d/l seemed to stimulate the AS one - for intance - if the AS stalled, I would pause them resume the Edge one and then the AS would would resume. This went on for quite some time - every time I paused and started the Edge d/l, it would make AS resume. I tried this many times over a 45 min period approx. It seemed (at least from my perspective) that AS resumed with me d'ling in the background.

The Edge file d/l'd without issue in the background at a relatively constant mbps - while the AS one eventually stalled out and I aborted it. AS was very slow in comparison. Even when I tried various speeds.

Coincidence?? Maybe. Very odd.

So why did Edge d/l the file fine, while AS installed? I realize Edge isn't doing everything AS is...but it's surprising.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.1.2.0_H1.astlog
    587.9 KB · Views: 0
Not at all. The approach towards the download process is very different.

Figured :confused:

One other thing I noticed. I got a couple of entries in the log that said [Pump:Video Pr***e] Retry #1 for fragment ...

Of the two times this happened, the d/l always seemed to resume for a while. It does seem this log entry takes quite a long time to initiate though!

Back