• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Repeated bugs: Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

C

Cowchucker

I've found an issue with Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. CloneBD says that the main movie has multiple angles. I thought the multiple angle was actually a 2 minute clip, the introduction text with the story and the movie theme. PowerDVD says it's Angle 1/8 during the fox logo.

I've tried selecting the angles in the preview player, no luck. Angle 0 is English.

Like the previous problem I had with The Terminator, the issue is that CloneBD claims that the copy operation is over in just 10-15 seconds.

I'm starting to regret leaving the more difficult images with alien language subtitles etc until last, each one seems to want more attention.

This time around I'm using an unprotected ISO which came from my immaculate retail disc, before ripping it had been used a single time and treated like an absolute baby. I've tried leaving the protection intact too and direct from disc.

The image seems to be fine because I can watch the entire movie in the CloneBD video preview player. PowerDVD 15 liked it too. May the force be with you. Log included.

Attachments

• Star_Wars_Revenge_of_the_Sith.zip
    444.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Sith.jpg
    Sith.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
I've found an issue with Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. CloneBD says that the main movie has multiple angles. I thought the multiple angle was actually a 2 minute clip, the introduction text with the story and the movie theme. PowerDVD says it's Angle 1/8 during the fox logo.
I've tried selecting the angles in the preview player, no luck. Angle 0 is English.
Like the previous problem I had with The Terminator, the issue is that CloneBD claims that the copy operation is over in just 10-15 seconds.
I'm starting to regret leaving the more difficult images with alien language subtitles etc until last, each one seems to want more attention.
This time around I'm using an unprotected ISO which came from my immaculate retail disc, before ripping it had been used a single time and treated like an absolute baby. I've tried leaving the protection intact too and direct from disc.
The image seems to be fine because I can watch the entire movie in the CloneBD video preview player. PowerDVD 15 liked it too. May the force be with you. Log included.

Ok, I understand the problem with the "10-15 seconds" - the decoder is crashing and CloneBD is not picking up on that correctly. That is a very rare variant of DTS (DTS-ES 6.1), there seems to be a problem, that keeps popping up with this. If you choose lossless audio, I suspect it will work, though.

But despite reading through your text repeatedly, I don't understand what you mean by "I've tried selecting the angles in the preview player, no luck. Angle 0 is English.".

Well, First of all I've also tried "The Empire Strikes Back" too and that won't work either. I'm having exactly the same problem as above/below. Need to try Attack of the Clones and Return of the Jedi.

What I mean by the angles thing: When I choose the copy mode and get to the selection screen, the beaver logo tells me there are multiple angles for the movie. The movie is given a blue A icon and a number which represents the angle that has been chosen.

The beaver says I should select the angle I want in the video preview mode. (see Beaver.jpg).

There are 9 Angles to choose from 0-8 in both movies. The angles are related to the language of the Star Wars introduction text. See the pictures I've attached. Angle0 and Angle5.

I've noticed that in the selection screen (Beaver.jpg) Title 500 is 2minutes 26seconds long and contains that very introduction scene with the scrolling text and the 0-8 angles which enables me to change the language too.

I thought perhaps this was causing the problem considering some of the other Star Wars movies worked and didn't have this feature/issue. Perhaps this is causing the problem?

I'm hoping this is helpful.

Attachments

• Angle5.jpg
    Angle5.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 8
  • Beaver.jpg
    Beaver.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Angle0.jpg
    Angle0.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - they know what the problem is, there is a fix and a workaround, either way this will be corrected soon.
The angles are not the problem, it's the unusual channel layout (apart from star wars I know of no other movie using DTS-ES, though there may be one or two).

Back