• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Removed items being ripped

Keylonta

When ripping to hard disc, why does AnyDVD HD copy video sequences, adverts and trailers that have been set to be removed?

For example, I set AnyDVD HD to remove video sequences shorter than 6 minutes, and set it to remove adverts and trailers. Then when I play the disc it successfully filters out the aforementioned, with only a quick flash of each removed item appearing on screen for a split second. But then when I rip the disc to hard disk, the aforementioned items are copied along with the rest of the disc, so I still get the split second flashes of the removed items when playing the disc folder.

Why are they being ripped when I have set AnyDVD HD to filter them out?

How could I accomplish this? I would really like to filter the items completely out from Blu-ray rips.

It does this to keep the file structure intact, or you'd end up with a broken disc. 'removing' them modifies the structure and replaced them with 1 second clips

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

I did test out CloneBD a while back, but from what I remember it was more trouble than it was worth trying to locate the files that I had set AnyDVD HD to remove.

When AnyDVD HD is set to remove video sequences, and it replaces them with 1 second clip; does CloneBD import the 1 second clips if AnyDVD HD is running? Or does it import the removed video sequences regardless?

If CloneBD does import the removed video sequences, what is the easiest way to locate all the video sequences that AnyDVD HD is filtering out? That is the issue I had when testing CloneBD, I remember it was really tedious going through all the video files trying to locate the video sequences I wanted to remove.

When doing a partial copy of a Blu-ray using CloneBD and ripping it to hard disk with no compression, does CloneBD recode all the video files or is it the same as using AnyDVD HD to rip to hard disk, which just copies the files so it’s an exact copy with no compression?

I don’t want to recode any of the files, I just want an exact copy minus the video sequences AnyDVD HD has removed, is that possible?

It would be good if AnyDVD HD had another “Rip video disc to harddisk” option that somehow removed the removed video sequences from the ripped version.

@Keylonta
I just tested it with 3 different settings in AnyDVD HD (8.1.9.0) and CloneBD (1.1.7.0) no shrinking (50 GB)

1. No removal
01- anydvd nothing remove.JPG

2. Removal of annoying adverts and trailers and remove video sequences smaller 0.5 minutes
02 - romive annoying and 0.5 minutes.JPG

3. Removal of annoying adverts and trailers and remove video sequences smaller 4 minutes
02 - romive annoying and 4 minutes.JPG

As you can see the out put folder gets smaller. (Source is always the same)
CloneBD will replace the removed video sequences smaller xxx with a clip of length 1 frame.
However the annoying adverts such as FBI logo for this disc remained but got shorten per AnyDVD,
CloneBD changed the size accordingly from 20 MB to 3.9 MB and also the display of the logo was shorter.
For some discs, some logos can not be removed without "destroying" play ability.

I hope this answers your question.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to test this. It seems that using AnyDVD HD’s option to rip to harddisk has exactly the same result as using CloneBD in your example.

“CloneBD will replace the removed video sequences smaller xxx with a clip of length 1 frame.”

Isn’t that the exact same thing AnyDVD HD does when ripping to harddisk?

“However the annoying adverts such as FBI logo for this disc remained but got shorten per AnyDVD.”

Yeah, that’s what I find annoying; how the FBI logo flashes on screen for a split second, plus other kinds of various warning messages sometimes flash on screen for a split second. Why are these ones not being replaced with a blank/black 1 frame clip? Is that what is happening with the removed video sequences smaller than xxx? Are they being replaced with a blank/black 1 frame clip, or is it just using 1 frame of the original video sequences like the FBI logos etc..

Everything that AnyDVD HD is removing should be replace with a blank/black 1 frame clip so that there is no annoying split second flashes of the removed content.

@Keylonta
“CloneBD will replace the removed video sequences smaller xxx with a clip of length 1 frame.”
Isn’t that the exact same thing AnyDVD HD does when ripping to harddisk?

CloneBD will replace the files with 1 frame length files. If you copy the BD with CloneBD the original files will be replaced with this 1 frame files. That is why the amount of space needed on the hard drive gets less as per the screenshots posted in my previous posting. For example the trailer of a movie that had maybe 500 MB before will be replaced with a file that has maybe around 4 MB, so you will save space and do not have to see this trailer anymore.

“However the annoying adverts such as FBI logo for this disc remained but got shorten per AnyDVD.”

Yeah, that’s what I find annoying; how the FBI logo flashes on screen for a split second, plus other kinds of various warning messages sometimes flash on screen for a split second. Why are these ones not being replaced with a blank/black 1 frame clip? Is that what is happening with the removed video sequences smaller than xxx? Are they being replaced with a blank/black 1 frame clip, or is it just using 1 frame of the original video sequences like the FBI logos etc..

The problem here is that, as I mentioned in the previous reply, that some logos can not be removed without "destroying" play ability.
Meaning if you would remove for example the FBI logo (this could be any other logo) completely the disc may not play anymore and "hang" at thatspecific section.
You can still try to remove this logos with CloneBD and copy the BD. Once copied check the play ability in a licensed software player such as PowerDVD since it is depending on the disc.
For the disc I tested I could remove this logos in CloneBD and it played fine in PowerDVD without any trailers and annoying logos. (See screenshot below of deselected logos that have been "reduced"by AnyDVD HD to 1 frame)

04.JPG
(Info: Even so the used BD is a 3D BD, CloneBD is not able to do 3D BD to 3D BD copies at the moment).

Last edited:
Back