• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Removed FAT file system detection

Indyrod

just curious, and I did do a search first, but what does this do or not do with regular DvDs, not BD? basically, does this mean anything to me? :bang:

it doesn't do anything or rather (didn't do) dvd's or blu-rays technically. It's just a check that got removed. FAT(32) has a maximum filesize of 4GB per file. Since dvd's biggest files are chopped into 1GB chunks it doesn't apply to DVD's. For blu-rays it's a different matter. Some movies come in 1 large file that can run easily 30GB +

Anydvd checked the filesystem to make sure it could handle the file size of the disc to be copied, ifnot it wouldn't even start ripping. Imagine starting a blu-ray rip to an ISO file on a FAT32 filesystem without that check. The rip would abort once it hit that 4GB size limit. But since FAT32 dates back to windows 98 and anydvd no longer supports that OS, the check got removed. It's no longer needed.

thanks, got it. you guys need to leave your brains to science and research to figure out this stuff like you do, and I used to program gigantic mainframe computers for a living. yep, seen a lot of amazing technology over a long period of time. ok, I'll shutup now, us old guys like to ramble on a bit. :agree:

Since dvd's biggest files are chopped into 1GB chunks it doesn't apply to DVD's.

Careful, DVD isos are usually > 4GB. ;)

But otherwise you were correct.

But be carefully a lot of flash disks and external hard drive use fat32 unless you format it Yourself to ntfs

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

nobody said anything about external drives. That wasn't the question, and to be honest most external harddrives nowadays it's the other way arround. They use NTFS and you manually have to format them into FAT32, what flashdrives those can still use FAT32 yes. Flash cards on the other hand (digi cam memory cards) usually shouldn't be using FAT32 anymore nowadays. They use exFAT mostly (which is a variant of FAT32).

@james: if it's a double layer disc it could even easily be 8GB+ at which anydvd wouldn't have allowed the iso rip ^^ (iso ripper shouldn't be used on dvd's anyway :p)

Back