• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Remove trailers/prohibited operations/BD-Live from an already ripped disc

Rprr1

Hello,

I'm wondering if this is possible. If I have a Blu-ray disc that has already been ripped with MakeMKV and is in .iso form. Could I re-rip it with AnyDVD HD in order to remove region lock, previews, BD-Live, etc.?

I tried it and I was only able to remove region lock (had to change a registry setting to make that possible). But no trailers/prohibited operations/BD-Live were removed. What did I do wrong? Is this possible at all? If not, what would you recommend other than using the original physical disc again.

Thanks!

No, protection needs to be intact in order to do it. You can remove trailers with CloneBD though, but bd-live and UOP removal needs intact protection.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No, protection needs to be intact in order to do it. You can remove trailers with CloneBD though, but bd-live and UOP removal needs intact protection.

Is there no way to trick AnyDVD to think the disc has protection? Similar to how you can change a registry setting to enable removal of region lock from a decrypted disc.

I think there is but I don't know it, and even then the trailer removal is 'problematic'. It sometimes removes clips that fit within the specified duration but are necessary for proper disc function. CloneBD is the better option for that but it can't remove UOP's.

I think there is but I don't know it, and even then the trailer removal is 'problematic'. It sometimes removes clips that fit within the specified duration but are necessary for proper disc function. CloneBD is the better option for that but it can't remove UOP's.

I see, thank you. So I should refrain from removing previews anyway... New discs rarely have them thankfully. Just curious, what are UOPs?

I see, thank you. So I should refrain from removing previews anyway... New discs rarely have them thankfully. Just curious, what are UOPs?
With Anydvd I'd say yes on the trailer part / unwanted clips. What are UOP's, you asked about them "User Operation Prohibited" (abbreviated)

Hello,

I'm wondering if this is possible. If I have a Blu-ray disc that has already been ripped with MakeMKV and is in .iso form. Could I re-rip it with AnyDVD HD in order to remove region lock, previews, BD-Live, etc.?

I tried it and I was only able to remove region lock (had to change a registry setting to make that possible). But no trailers/prohibited operations/BD-Live were removed. What did I do wrong? Is this possible at all? If not, what would you recommend other than using the original physical disc again.

Thanks!
This depends on the disc. Sometimes it can, sometimes it cannot.
BD-Live discs are difficult, changes need resigning the .jar files and other major changes, so no, this won't work with unprotected copies. Just use AnyDVD. All the time.

Back