Remove region code

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by asimpkins, Feb 9, 2007.

1. asimpkins

asimpkins Member

My sister in the UK sent me some DVDs for Christmas. They won't play in my DVD player because they have a different region code. I made backup copies and had the 'Remove region code' option checked in AnyDVD. However, they still won't play. I get the same 'Incorrect region code' error as before. Is there a way for AnyDVD to actually remove or bypass the region code?

2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

What region code is your drive set to?

3. asimpkins

asimpkins Member

My DVD player is set to the region code for North America (0?). I believe I can play the DVDs on my PC, but I want to watch them on my wide-screen TV.

4. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

The region code for North America is 1. Once you copy the DVD with AnyDVD on, the new DVD will be region free.

5. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

This is what I was fixing to say.

6. asimpkins

asimpkins Member

That's what I thought, but it didn't work that way. Attached are my AnyDVD settings, but I still can't play the back-up copies on my DVD player.

Attached Files:

• any.jpg
      any.jpg
      File size:
      42.5 KB
      Views:
  7. TM2-Megatron

TM2-Megatron Well-Known Member

Is your television PAL-compatible? If these DVDs you were sent were from the UK, then the region-coding isn't the only barrier stopping you from watching them. AnyDVD will remove the region-coding, but copying with CloneDVD (or any other ripper, for that matter) won't convert PAL to NTSC. The reason you can watch it on your computer is that computer monitors aren't generally affected by this, but TVs are.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  8. Charlie

What about the program settings post this please.

9. fivestones

fivestones Well-Known Member

The region code for North America is 1. I see his link any.jpg and see the region code on AnyDVD. Are there a place on my sonic Dvd player that i need to fix like this?

10. Charlie

Sonic software very well might be the problem as it isn't a good choice to use to back up DVD's that you bought.

11. TPLAT

TPLAT Well-Known Member

You can use nero Vision to convert it from PAL to NTSC, it takes Nero Vision a while to convert it then burn it.

12. asimpkins

asimpkins Member

AnyDVD settings attached, but I don't see that they affect the problem.

Attached Files:

13. Charlie

It looks like you have PAL instead of NTSC disc, is this correct? If so follow post #11.

14. asimpkins

asimpkins Member

That could be the problem. According to Panasonic my TV is not PAL compatible, even though it's digital and HD. However, the error message was from the DVD player, not the TV. I have tried PAL tapes in the past and was able to get the sound OK but no picture.

15. asimpkins

asimpkins Member

OK, I'll try Nero. Thanks for the info.

16. TPLAT

TPLAT Well-Known Member

In order to plaback a PAL movie in the U.S. where the standard is NTSC then you would need a dvd player and a TV that can playback both formats, NTSC for U.S. standard and PAL.

17. asimpkins

asimpkins Member

Which Feature of Nero Vision converts from PAL to NTSC? I did a thorough search of http://www.nero.com/enu/index.html and could find no reference to such conversion.