• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Remove Prohibited User Operations? Next Button Support.

DJHallo

Remove Prohibited User Operations?:
When you play a Blu-Ray Movie with CyberLink PowerDVD 16 the Next Button (Keyboard: N) doesn't work even when this is on. So can you please add this into the Next Update!

Usally when you're going to Play a Anime Blu-Ray Show you have to wait 20 Seconds for the Warning.
You can use the Mouse and go to the End, but what I love to have is the Next Button also working so I can sit onto my Couch and change it with my TV Remote aswel, without having to use the Mouse or Mini Keyboards with Mouse support.

Strange thing is that the Previous Button (Keyboard: P) works.

That has nothing to do with uop or anydvd from what I know, but with the 'problem' where those clips (often copyright clips) don't have an end time specified. If there's no end, you can't skip to it by pressing next.

Darn, is THAT what does it? What a simple, elegant and ANNOYING use of that capability. So all a BR author has to do is spit out a clip with the end time deliberately left off and the user can't skip it.

It would be nice for there to be a tool that fixed that missing end time, wouldn't it! What tool should that be added to, eh? CloneBD, maybe, or a third-party thing like BDrebuilder, or what? Any suggestions?

Cheers,

--michael

That's it indeed, for the reason that they are very often a simple static image and not a video clip! In those cases, they simply specify in the discs Java code to load that static image, display it for X amount of seconds, then move on to the next clip.

The only suggestion I can make on that, is to try 'fast forward' instead. From my experience that one usually does work in about 90% of the cases, in the other 10% they've prevented that too.

It's not really a missing end time, but simply no chapter mark at the end.
By "pressing next" you actually mean "pressing next chapter".

It's not really a missing end time, but simply no chapter mark at the end.
By "pressing next" you actually mean "pressing next chapter".
Yes I mean Next Chapter. ;)

Btw: CloneBD adds end-chapters to all playlists that have none.
You're right! But I noticed the following by TBS Logo (Anime) & Sentai Filmworks (Anime), you can Skip it but you can't rewind and forwind it or use the mouse onto a Start Point.
Maybe this has to be fixed even when the Next Button works.

Also I love to have it working just with AnyDVD or otherwise all the Movies has to be Reconverted with CloneBD, so that's no option!

Strange thing CloneBD makes the Bitrate different, is there a way to keep it the same?
Wz988oA.png

Not really strange. Blu-ray is very often encoded at a much higher bitrate than actually needed to keep the same level of detail. Stripping away that excessive bitrate allows for keeping the same detail without requiring any compression, or much less compression than what would otherwise be needed. Hell when Blu-ray first came out that was one of main selling points. '5x the detail level of a DVD'. Yeah, at 10x the file size and from your couch you don't see that detailed with your normal human eyes.

If your strip away excessive bitrate, you can keep the same detail and shrink the file size without applying any (or much less) compression to fit on the target medium.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Not really strange. Blu-ray is very often encoded at a much higher bitrate than actually needed to keep the same level of detail. Stripping away that excessive bitrate allows for keeping the same detail without requiring any compression, or much less compression than what would otherwise be needed. Hell when Blu-ray first came out that was one of main selling points. '5x the detail level of a DVD'. Yeah, at 10x the file size and from your couch you don't see that detailed with your normal human eyes.

If your strip away excessive bitrate, you can keep the same detail and shrink the file size without applying any (or much less) compression to fit on the target medium.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk
But not only the video convertes but also the Audio will be converted.
Is it not better then only the Video and leave the Audio the Same?

But personally I love to see an 1:1 Rip Video & Audio aswel with CloneBD I only need the Chapters to Add.

Never encountered HD audio have you? That alone can account for 7+ gb for a single track.

If I'm reading them properly the CloneBD files are showing as having a higher bit-rate than the original but with a smaller files size

I believe this depends on what exactly BDInfo is displaying there.
There is a bitrate field AVC-headers, which is informational only, but that's certainly not being read by BDInfo (CloneBD doesn't touch that when doing lossless copies).
BDInfo is estimating based on reading some (fixed?) amount of data.
Since the length of the original and the resulting stream differs slightly (due to unticked subtitles/audio streams, removal of padding, ...) the estimator gets a slightly different sample set to base its estimation on.
That's all.

From what I can see BDInfo reads the header from each file in the playlist and works out the average from that for that playlist.

So in theory it should stay the same as his disc is fully untouched and include all the different streams inside each file, but if you look the bit-rates are being shown as higher but with smaller file sizes.

Last edited:
From what I can see BDInfo reads the header from each file in the playlist and works out the average from that for that playlist.

So in theory it should stay the same as his disc is fully untouched and include all the different streams inside each file, but if you look the bit-rates are being shown as higher but with smaller file sizes.

No, you can't tell the exact (average) bitrate of a VBR stream, like AVC, MPEG2, VC-1, DTS-HD-XLL, DTHD without reading the whole file, unless there's only one such stream and the rest is CBR.
So BDInfo has to be doing some probing. There also is no header to deliver such information.

If there is a lot of padding at the beginning, that will reduce the estimated bitrate for other streams with real meat. If CloneBD scoops out the padding, BDInfo will show higher bitrates for the other streams.
Just one possible explanation - I don't know or care, how BDInfo calculates the bitrates, there are a few possibilities.

The values shown there are just guess work, to give the user some measure of what's in there, but arguing about some tiny percentage is silly, because the accuracy simply isn't there.

The fact that BDInfo is showing higher bitrates throughout while at the same time the file is slightly smaller but the same duration actually says it all. That would be mathematically impossible - if this was an exact thing to do.

Ok, I notice something BDInfo:
When you mount the ISO and use it as Export BDMV & CERTIFICATION folder then you get above readings.
But when you use ISO import and export it as ISO then you get the same Readings as the Original Disc.
Don't know why this is, but this fixed my problem of the Bitrate! ;)
But this doesn't mean that there is something wrong with the export as Folder! :(

Ofcourse you can Always extract the ISO aswel, but for most people this is a pain if you have a lot of movies for people who want to have it as BDMV - CERTIFICATE Folder.

But still problem 1:
I noticed the following by TBS Logo (Anime) & Sentai Filmworks (Anime), you can Skip it but you can't rewind and forwind it or use the mouse onto a Start Point.
Maybe this has to be fixed even when the Next Button works.

But still problem 2:
Also I love to have it working just with AnyDVD or otherwise all the Movies has to be Reconverted with CloneBD, so that's no option!

Back