• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Removal of Menu Intro Clips

PIGSgrame

I've alredy posted this to the 6.7.9.4 beta thread, but maybe it was lost.

The DVDs of the Der Bulle von Tölz (R2) set show a rather long clip before the main menu finally appears. This clip can be skipped with the menu button, so I'm not sure if this is in the scope of the new remastering options. However, with the previous Directly jump to main menu option the main menu was shown immediately and I would welcome to have this restored.

Log from them most current beta is attached. The described behaviour can be noticed on all DVDs of the package, but I think the log of one disc is sufficient.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.9.6_Info_F_BULLE_VON_TOELZ_S6_BIS_S8_D2.zip
    69 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thats indeed in the scope of the new mastering options. Just check the length of the clip then set the slider to the next minute. so if the clip was like 3m 25sec you'd set the slider to 4minutes. But there's a catch, if the dvd like some movies have like "additional scenes" that are usually split up per scene, they will also get removed if they're under that 4 minute mark. I've seen this behaviour on a couple of dvd's. Thats normal because its just impossible to distinguish an annoying clip from a "bonus scene". I personally just leave the slider at 1 minute, and manually remove the other annoying clips that are left over with cloneDVD

I've already thought about the determination problem you mentioned, but in this case, the clip is part of the menu and cannot be removed by CloneDVD.

I think there either should be an option like always remove all clips that are not a separate title (is there any case where such clips are sensible/useful?) or maybe the option directly skip to main menu should be restored and provided in addition to the new remastering options. The old option simply worked for the majority of all DVDs, while the new option is pron to leave in too much. Although I like the idea behind the remastering options, the currently are far from being perfect and are less convenient (i.e. require more manual skipping) in some cases.

I've already thought about the determination problem you mentioned, but in this case, the clip is part of the menu and cannot be removed by CloneDVD.

I think there either should be an option like always remove all clips that are not a separate title (is there any case where such clips are sensible/useful?) or maybe the option directly skip to main menu should be restored and provided in addition to the new remastering options. The old option simply worked for the majority of all DVDs, while the new option is pron to leave in too much. Although I like the idea behind the remastering options, the currently are far from being perfect and are less convenient (i.e. require more manual skipping) in some cases.
I don't think the old option would have helped one bit with your "Bulle" problem, as the clip seems to be part of the main menu.

Back