• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Releasing the Database

My Life Is Tech

Before this forum is shut down, I have a couple requests...

First off, would it be possible for SlySoft to release the whole current protection database as a download for offline usage? This way our current images still work after a Windows reinstallation.

Second, is there a possibility of SlySoft releasing the AnyDVD HD and CloneCD source code anywhere? Imagine how many forks could come from it. And hopefully someone could continue SlySoft's legacy.

Third. As a last move, and I know this is a big request, but could SlySoft give out free lifetime licenses so we can continue to use the software? And possibly make AnyDVD HD and CloneCD open source?

I hate for it to end this way, but hopefully SlySoft will return one way or another.

I agree. Before they disappear they could release a lifetime key with no restrictions that works for everyone. They surely have some of those. And indeed the whole discs database to use offline.

If anyone needs the latest installers, I found them here:
http://web.archive.org/web/20160219232520/http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

It seems to have almost everything except AnyDVD 7.6.9.0 which can be acquired from Techspot by Googling AnyDVD HD 7.6.9.0.
How was it acquired? I doubt that - they most likely host the file only. But without a License key for the latest release you will not be able to register and use it.

I agree. Before they disappear they could release a lifetime key with no restrictions that works for everyone. They surely have some of those. And indeed the whole discs database to use offline.
Keep dreaming here. If you didn't want to pay for a quality product the first time - you think they will just give it out.

Keep dreaming here. If you didn't want to pay for a quality product the first time - you think they will just give it out.
Paying for a product that is no longer sold? Yeah, suuuuuuure!

Paying for a product that is no longer sold? Yeah, suuuuuuure!
They can download the file all they want if the find them but without a Key they are 21 day trial and subsequent reinstall will say hey used up the 21 day trial. So if they didn't buy before there is no free lunch here. And sounds like someone missed the reason why you pay for a good product that works.

They can download the file all they want if the find them but without a Key they are 21 day trial and subsequent reinstall will say hey used up the 21 day trial. So if they didn't buy before there is no free lunch here. And sounds like someone missed the reason why you pay for a good product that works.

Whether or not you paid is irrelevant to the current situation. They didn't go out of business for lack of purchases, they went out of business because they ran afoul of the MAFIAA. Which sucks because some of us were using the product to avoid having to have multiple DVD drives for discs that were purchased from other regions and not available in our home region. It made little sense for me to buy 3 different DVD drives just because the selection of Mandarin and German language DVDs in region 1 is so bad.

Back