• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

reinstalling on replacement PC

brightspark22

I have just replaced my tower PC and have AnyDVDHD version 7.6.9.5 ready to be installed. On going to install it warns that there is no software key installed and that to continue I will need to buy ANOTHER licence.

I have the licence key stored elsewhere, but where and how do I go about installing the keyfile if I am not supposed to install AnyDVDHD first? Any guidance would be appreciated or please point me to a tutorial if there is one hidden away somewhere that I didn't find.

Many thanks

The keyfile is contained in a very old email as an attachment. I have the actual key number, so is that all I need to enter? If not how do I proceed please?

Since you haven't reported back yet:
1. Download the license key from that mail
2. install AnyDVD
3. As soon as AnyDVD is installed, double click the license key. It should give you a popup window, telling you that the key has been installed successfully.
4. Not sure anymore, but you might have to restart AnyDVD after that. Too long ago since I did it.

Couldn't download the licence from the old email attachment as it is in a virtual machine, but have managed to copy the AnyDVD licence from the Slysoft folder on the old SSD drive I removed recently.

I have pasted the licence key into the Slysoft folder but when I run AnyDVD it says there is no licence installed and I only have option to BUY a licence or Exit.

The licence file shows in the long list of files under AnyDVD but appears to be having no effect.

Completely uninstalled AnyDVD and then reinstalled from the setup file but can get no further as it comes up that this app is not licensed. Do I need to remove all traces of AnyDVD then download a new setup file and run it?

Don't really know what to do next, so any pointers would be very much appreciated.

C'mon! If you still have it in a VM you should be able to pull it. The attachment should look like "AnyDVD_Key_XYZ_9AB.AnyDVDHD". You just need to double-click it and the licence information will be added to your registry.
BTW- with this old version many newer discs won't work. I suggest you purchase a new licence and you will be a happy camper also with newer discs and their updated encryption.

I'm not concerned about playing new DVD/Bluray discs, just those I already have in my collection ~ hence the reason why I don't require a new licence.

Unfortunately, the old virtual machine crashed my new installation when I tried to save the attachment which is the reason why I could only copy/paste the file that was in the Slysoft folder of the base machine.
I'm still hopeful of finding my original backup file of the AnyDVD licence, but searching for a file that was saved in 2011 is proving elusive at the moment.

Many thanks for your help. At least I now know the exact filename I'm after.

SUCCESS ~ found the backup file and had no problem in installing. Thanks for your patience, coopervid ~ the file name clue did it !
brightspark22

SUCCESS ~ found the backup file and had no problem in installing. Thanks for your patience, coopervid ~ the file name clue did it !
brightspark22
That's great news! Now be sure to back up your key(s) to your favorite cloud storage provider... assuming you don't already have a solid backup strategy. This way you don't have to scour old e-mails in the future.

I keep all my stuff on my NAS, however you can still organize elsewhere in a similar fashion:

\\<server>\Software\RedFox\_Orders+Keys

upload_2022-9-14_21-25-49.png

I underscore that folder so it's at the top of the list.
I keep my e-mails in there as well with my order details which is why it's called orders and keys.

Last edited:
Back