• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region

kalosi

Hi, just wondering, if I burn a region1 dvd, will the copy be region 1? I am in Australia & we are region 4 down here & I want to buy a movie that I can only find in America so wonder if I burn it can I play it on my dvd player? Hope that makes sense :)
kalosi

Maybe

You can make it region-free with AnyDVD, but make sure that your DVD player can play NTSC-format discs (Australia and a large part of the world use the different PAL format). Check in your player's setup menu and see if there is something along the lines of TV Type. Set it to PAL, unless you have a Universal TV.

Thanks for your reply. I don't own the dvd yet, but plan on buying it, but the only copy I can find is region 1, which is why I asked the question.

Thanks for your reply. I don't own the dvd yet, but plan on buying it, but the only copy I can find is region 1, which is why I asked the question.

The region code won't be the issue. NTSC video playing on PAL equipment will be the issue. Chances are the disc can be played fine on your computer with Anydvd running in the background. Your standalone dvd player might not play the backup though, unless you convert the video to PAL first.

Last edited:
In Australia, pretty much 90% of the players can play all regions and PAL/NTSC easily. Some may require a hack for the region free, but most are already programmed like that.

All of the players at our two places (even the portable DVD player) are region free and can play both PAL and NTSC.

In Australia, pretty much 90% of the players can play all regions and PAL/NTSC easily. Some may require a hack for the region free, but most are already programmed like that.

All of the players at our two places (even the portable DVD player) are region free and can play both PAL and NTSC.

Oh, neat. Then the backup should play without issues, then.
Thanks for the info! :clap:

But make sure your TV can play PAL/NTSC! Set it on auto if it has that function. Check out this website to see if your player has a hack for it if it hasn't be done already.

Thanks so much for your help. Will give it a shot anyway, I'm pretty sure I can play anything on my dvd player.

Back