• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region Free Help

SMcK1

AnyDVD makes the DVD appear region free to all software, if this is so I must be doing something wrong when I burn with cloneDVD2 the burned DVD gives a cannot play due to area limitations message. And help on burning my non region 1 DVD to region 1 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Scott

AnyDVD makes the DVD appear region free to all software, if this is so I must be doing something wrong when I burn with cloneDVD2 the burned DVD gives a cannot play due to area limitations message. And help on burning my non region 1 DVD to region 1 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Scott

Which disc is this? Please post AnyDVD_Info file.

. And help on burning my non region 1 DVD to region 1 would be greatly appreciated.

Anydvd does not convert PAL to NTSC nor vice versa.

James wants you to do this:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

The Quest info file

Thanks in advance for the help you guys are great here!!!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_THE_QUEST.zip
    79.3 KB · Views: 4
Thanks in advance for the help you guys are great here!!!

Yeah, the problem is that Anydvd nor Clonedvd converts PAL to NTSC. Anydvd will make the disc region free, but it won't
convert PAL to NTSC.

Video Standard: PAL

Some people will recommend using a third party program to convert PAL to NTSC. I recommend getting an Oppo dvd player. click http://www.oppodigital.com/dv981hd/dv981hd_comp.html (the players are region free and convert PAL to NTSC and vice versa)

Last edited:
you can purchase a dvd player that plays both PAL and NTSC like Webslinger mentioned or pick one up from your local Best buy or another place that you like, that what I do because it easier than converting PAL to NTSC. Make back-ups of those dvd's which will be region free and can play on those dvd players. I make back-ups of all my dvd's so my kids are unable to damage the original dvd since all they can get a hold of are my back-ups.

Back