region free Blu-ray discs

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by antipodes, Dec 4, 2017.

1. antipodes

antipodes Well-Known Member

If AnyDVDHD detects that a Blu-ray is region free are there any changes to AnyDVDHD settings required?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Region wise no, but automatic region detection doesn't always work. If you want to be sure, just specific the region the disc is from.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

3. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

If AnyDVD detects that a disc is region free, it's usually right. If AnyDVD is unsure, it will pop up a box for you to provide the region (provided you set it to "automatic").
    Can you please post a log file?

4. antipodes

@Ch3vr0n thanks for the response it is very difficult to find Blu-ray discs which provide region information in my country.

@Pete log file attached. I am not having any problem with the disc but I thought I might have to change a setting to optimise AnyDVD HD performance.

Attached Files:

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Well if you're NOT importing discs or have the intention to play yours in a different region than the one of your residence, there's nothing you need to do.

If you do have the intention to play YOUR discs Ina foreign region, activate region removal and specify the region your region (most likely the same one as the disc

If you import discs, you need to specify it's region

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

6. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

You have set AnyDVD to fix the region code to region B.
    This is exactly what you should do, if all of your discs are from region B (then, the region code will get removed that way).
    The disc in question here simply has no region code check, so there's nothing to worry or optimise.

7. antipodes

thanks Pete