Region Coding

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by funnel96, Feb 18, 2007.

1. funnel96

funnel96 Member

Hi there,

I am currently working with the trial version of AnyDVD. So far so good except on one thing. I have an external (Sony DRX 830U) and an internal drive (DRU 710A). When I put an original DVD or a blank DVD +R DL (Verbatim) into the internal drive I get error messages for cleaning the media or the region code to go to www.rpc1.com

If I turn off AnyDVD the computer has no problems playing the DVDs (three of them tried) normally.

I checked region code on ImgBurn and with firmware at www.rpc1.com and everything is set for region 1

I made sure I have the current Sony firmware.

The same drive has no such problem with a standard single layer DVD +R.

Any ideas on this? I hate to think the drive has had it.

Thanks
    Mike

2. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

can you reset your region code of your drive with anydvd turned off, you can put in an original movie disk for this and let it play for a few minutes

3. funnel96

funnel96 Member

Hi there,

Thanks for the info.

I went ahead and put in X-Men 3 in the burner and ran it for about 15 minutes using Windows Media. After that, and with the DVD running, I ran Imgburn and it said that it was RPCII and that it supported region 1. I then ran the rpc1 firmware and it confirmed region 1.

I went ahead and ran an older DVD (South Park Movie) and it started up fine.

Whatever the problem is, it seems more centered around newer DVDs.

I had wanted to use my older internal drive as a source drive so that I can use the newer external as the writing drive.

I think I mentioned it before but when I put a blank Verbatim +R DL in the older drive the drive doesn't want to recognize it either. It was perfectly fine for single layer discs though.

Any ideas from the above information?

Thanks again,
    Mike