• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region Code Protection Not Removed?

ratbatblue

AnyDVD version 6.1.3.3, Shrink 3.2, 6 discs in "The Thin Man" series, R1, Win Vista Home Premium. It seems like, although the option to remove it is selected, AnyDVD isn't removing the RCP, because when I do "backup" in Shrink, it warns me that "R.C.E" is active and that I have to correctly identify the disc's intended region, so that Shrink can remove RCP and make the target files region-free. I got that warning on 5 of 6 discs in this set. Shrink correctly identified the region and all I had to do was hit ENTER...but I've never seen this problem before, using AnyDVD and Shrink in XP.

Do you have the option "region code scripts" enabled in anydvd settings? This option remove the region code in the dvd.

Region code not removed

I have the same problem (or at least similar...). Copied a movie from region 2, and can not play it on my region 1 DVD player. The check mark for region code removal is set.

This is true for me as well. Region 2 DVD (Flash Gordon) and region protection is not removed - play is still prohibited on a component DVD player.

This was not always true - I've backed up my region-protected Japanese DVDs using this before (otherwise I could only watch them on my computer) and it worked just fine. But that was many versions of AnyDVD ago.

EDIT: it's PAL so nevermind. I'm off to buy Blaze Media...

Last edited:
Back