• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region Code Problem

monster2

I have a new HP DV6605US that I recently bought for Christmas. The computer came with Vista Home. I tried to reformatt and install XP Pro but the computer is NOT backwards compatible. I was forced to install Vista Business 64 bit edition. Everything works fine except I can not get movies to play unless I accept a region code change, of which you only get 5 changes.

When I try to use ANYDVD 6.3.0.3 I get an error that says,

Your drive is a region locked RCP2 drive...... or

Your drive is a RCP2 that has not yet been assigned a region.....

I contacted Hp but they were not very helpful. Can anyone help me out here?

I should be Region 1 USA/Canada.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

14. Anydvd pops up with a message everytime I place this one dvd in the drive. The error message says unable to find CSS key due to region mismatch and that I need to set my dvd drive region to the same as the dvd to avoid this error in the future. Does anyone know how to do this?

a) You can usually ignore that error message, and Anydvd will still work properly with your burning program.

b) If you're still having problems, this is what you do

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in (in this case, region 1)
viii. Start Anydvd

Thanks, got it working. Tried to play the dvd in Powerdvd 5.0 but it said the region code had to be set. I accepted the change and the movie started to play. Never checked ANYDVD after that.

next morning I followed the suggestion above, confirmed region set to RPC1 then started ANYDVD. All good to go. Thanks for the help.

Brian

Back