Region Code on ANYDVD ripped file structure

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Bobby Burgess, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Bobby Burgess

Bobby Burgess Member

Hey team.
    I was out of the country and bought a couple of blu-rays. Ripped using ANYDVD to file structures on a portable hard drive and left the discs with my buddy.
    I burned a Blu-ray from that file structure but it retained the Region code (B). I imagine I had something wrong set on that computer's ANYDVD, but is there any way to remove that region code and create an un-region'ed file structure to burn?

Thanks

BTW, I have CloneBD if that helps.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Sure. Enable region code removal in AnyDVD and rip again. Hint: And rip to iso. Always rip to iso.

3. Bluntman2k17

Bluntman2k17 Member

I haven’t heard that one. Why always rip to ISO? Does it not remove the region lock properly with file structure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

It does, but ripping to file structure loses disc layout optimizations. If for example screenpass protection wasn't properly removed on a protected iso, it can be fixed later by simply mounting the ISO and redoing the decryption, if it were a 3D disc ripping to folders would double the folder size, IF something somehow went wrong during ripping to folder and you only find that out later the damage is done. AnyDVD cant process folder structures on the fly...

and that's just some of the reasons

5. Bluntman2k17

Bluntman2k17 Member

Wow that all sounds like incredibly important reasons. Guess it’s time to alter my ripping practices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro