• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Region B/2 disks?

Jim6592

Can AnydvdHD decode region B/2 in order for it to be copied to harddrive? I am looking at a UK version bluray that is not available in the us. It is only here as a DVD of poor video quality. 55 days in Peking. I have a new LG BR burner that I hope will read the disk. I am thinking only the players are region locked, not bluray drives themselves.

Yes AnyDVD HD can remove Region code from Blu-rays. Then use the built in ripper to copy it to the harddrive
There's no reason why your LG burner shouldn't be able to read the disc unless it's either faulty or there's a problem with the original disc as PC Blu-ray drives don't care what the Blu-ray region is, as far as the drive is concerned it's just data

Just for info. There are no "region 2" blu-rays. Numbers are DVD assignments, blu-ray uses A/B/C only.

It can remove the region from blu-rays yes, but you'll need to enable that manually in the Blu-ray settings. That setting is NOT enabled by default. Also note, that in doing so you must specify the DISC region and NOT YOUR OWN. Even though you are in the the US (Region A) you will need to specify Region B! Failure to do so will result in an incorrectly removed region and unplayable disc.

As far as your drive concerns, it could care less what the disc is from. To the drive it's all just 1's and 0's (digital crap). However about the locked part you think wrong. Drives ARE region locked but the drive hardware region only comes into play for DVD's, it has no impact on blu-ray's. Blu-ray region is stored at DISC level, DVD region at DRIVE level. (this applies to both computer drives and standalone players)

Back