• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Regarding the new MakeMKV integration

Bluntman2k17

While I am very happy for the ability to use official drives with AnyDVD HD now. Might I request that you give us a toggle to enable and disable this functionality. Unless I am mistaken this was only supposed to work with Official Drives. My ASUS BW-16D1HT on 3.02 is now using MakeMKV for 4k discs. While it is a nice feature. It seems to me that it is slower processing discs, and makes my drive make some wild sounds that it makes when I use MakeMKV too. I just prefer the native functionality.

Thank you.

Please prove that:

1) Rip with AnyDVD and MakeMkv in the background. Time to rip?
2) Uninstall Makemkv. Time to rip?

Thanks!

And BTW 3.02 firmware is slow ripping and only recommended for super-finicky discs. 3.10 is much faster.

I just have run comparisons. No difference. Max transfer rate 30 MB / sec. Rip time 26 min for the 1917 UHD movie. You should update to ASUS 3.10 or LG BH16NS60 1.00 for faster rips but your request really doesn't improve anything speedwise.

I know about 3.10 and thank you for the illumination. I prefer 3.02 for my own reasons. I can tell you I still prefer the native anydvd encryption solution and hope one day there is a toggle, instead of having to uninstall makemkv. But as for my claim of speed, I guess I was thoroughly trounced. It still seems to process the initial disc open slower. It is tolerable for now. Again want to express that I am a very satisfied customer of Anydvd. I just prefer the option. Thank you kindly.

I know about 3.10 and thank you for the illumination. I prefer 3.02 for my own reasons. I can tell you I still prefer the native anydvd encryption solution and hope one day there is a toggle, instead of having to uninstall makemkv. But as for my claim of speed, I guess I was thoroughly trounced. It still seems to process the initial disc open slower. It is tolerable for now. Again want to express that I am a very satisfied customer of Anydvd. I just prefer the option. Thank you kindly.
That's OK. I still don't get where you see a problem or issue. Can you please elaborate where you see that issue? For all others this is a big leap forward.

I am not looking to engage in an argument. I am still on 3.02 because I have had better results with it personally. As for why I would prefer the option of the old native decryption, is because in my experience the drive acts differently between programs. Having to due with access times and even sounds the drive makes. I guess it is just me. Fair enough I guess I am just a nutter. Thanks for the correspondence.

While I sympathize with your plight, there is a legitimate reason not to have a toggle for the option. The reason the libredrive integration was added in the first place was to prevent opd corruption. So it's unlikely to see a way to disable it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

While I sympathize with your plight, there is a legitimate reason not to have a toggle for the option. The reason the libredrive integration was added in the first place was to prevent opd corruption. So it's unlikely to see a way to disable it.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

That I did not realize. I guess it is what it is then. Thank you kindly for the explanation.

I didn't want to start a new thread. So I am just adding this here and seeing if others have similar experiences. Before using the native AnyDVD HD solution most UHD discs would rip to image at anywhere from 18-26 MBps. After integration, I have yet to be able to rip an image above 10MB/s. MakeMKV is still ripping at well over 30MBps on the same disc that I can't break 10 on. Is this just me? Or are others noticing image backups are taking a good chunk longer?

I personally don't see any difference. Yes, some discs rip faster, some slower but not related to the version of AnyDVD. Run you own tests. Use 8.5.8.0 vs. 8.5.8.2.

Back