• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RedFox Licenses Now Available To Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
They found a glitch for some buyers, have to correct it before more purchase it. Best date, tomorrow.

Just noticed a drop in post message count, only about 30, just thought I would post, sorry if in wrong section.

I have been using AnyDVDHD for many years. I have been mostly satisfied with the performance of the product. This latest Lifetime license development gives me pause. It should concern the rest of you out there too.

Redfox 1 said here in the forums said that Slysoft was a "Project" and not a business. A garden is a project. A car rebuild is a project. Any person or group that makes a product, intellectual property, or service that is sold is considered a business and falls into a category of a incorporation, LLP, LLC, sole proprietorship, etc. based on the type of ownership.

When I purchased my original lifetime license I didn't pay an individual person, I paid to a company. Someone owned the original software. You can't sell what you don't own or have the rights to sell. It had to be passed on to Redfox company somehow. I seriously doubt Redfox reinvented the software, especially since they still sell the software under the same copywrited name. If not a company it is a partnership for more than one person or sole proprietorship for a single owner. Since the product, in this case the base code, which is a copywrite protected work is being sold widely unchanged from it's original coding, function, and intended use the original lifetime licenses should be honored now as it was before.

Bottom line: I bought a license to AnyDVD HD and it still exists as AnyDVD HD. Therefore it's still AnyDVD HD's Lifetime!

This is like me sitting down with an electronic doc file of Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone and calling it Joatnm's Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone. The law always applies. You have to make an appreciable change in the product to repatent it. Just ask the drug companies!

Next issue is reliability and longevity of the Redfox? The Redfox who was the brand logo of Slysoft by the way. I issues that precipitated this breakup and subsequent reformation of Slysoft into Redfox have not gone away. Now that there is a judgment against the software and the company that is still connected to it by common software and employees/ownership, that will make it that much easier for the same thing to happen all over again. How long will this "lifetime" last? Will anyone get their money's worth out of this? I think there should be a minimum two year guarantee. Five would be sufficient to call a lifetime. If it doesn't outlast at least one computer, I don't consider it a lifetime program.

We will not start the debating all over again. Stay on topic. What you're saying has been beaten to death for weeks now. There is no single owner, you bought your license from slysoft. slysoft is dead, so is that license. The logo is changed, they're is no judgement against anydvd hd from redfox. As to the guarantees you're asking, consult real life. There are no guarantees in life, it's possible you die in your sleep tonight. Can you guarantee that won't happen? No.

No further replies on this subject will be tolerated. You had weeks to speak out. Your message has nothing to do with redfox licenses now up for sale.

Now that there is a judgment against the software and the company that is still connected to it by common software and employees/ownership, that will make it that much easier for the same thing to happen all over again. How long will this "lifetime" last? Will anyone get their money's worth out of this? I think there should be a minimum two year guarantee. Five would be sufficient to call a lifetime. If it doesn't outlast at least one computer, I don't consider it a lifetime program.

Factually and materially wrong on both counts there cupcake. :rolleyes:
It's not "common ownership". Giancarlo Bettini was the owner of Slysoft. The judgement was against himself and Slysoft. Not the software.
Due to the legal issues he basically took (what was left of) his toys and disappeared into the attic.
The group running Redfox is a "pickup group" of former Slysoft employees, that havn't seen a payday in months.
It was either do this or let the whole thing go tits up. (as seemed to be the original option)
-W

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back