• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RedFox hijacked my ability to use my original SlySoft product

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavy D

I get it...SlySoft is no longer...and SlyFox is. But when I assumed that the update that came my way would allow my original AnyDVD product to continue.....not so. My original SlySoft key became a nonfunctional SlyFox key and there is no way to simply go back to my original SlySoft product....that's hijacking.

Would you prefer NO AnyDVD, ever? That came close to happening.

Blame the DCMA/AACS-LA/Hollywood for forcing SlySoft to close. The individual developers decided to continue keeping AnyDVD working and updated.

Wrong.

There's warnings on the download page, the download stickies in the forum, news articles,... not RedFox's fault you didn't read any of them. Your slysoft license will work just fine up to version 7695. You can downgrade just fine and be back to normal. But without updating anydvd will eventually lose access to the opd and may have problems decrypting movies.

There has been no hijacking, there have been(and still are) many warnings that v8 end above needs a redfox license.

If you want to use AnyDVD 7.X, you simply uninstall AnyDVD 8.X and reinstall AnyDVD 7 and register it with your license. AnyDVD 7 will continue to work except the opd access after may 31TH 2016.

so the company's doors get closed, the employees reband as a new company with a different name and now I'm being asked to pay ANOTHER $100. really? so what happens next time the employees decide to change their name? gonna ask me for ANOTHER $100??? sheesh! we've already paid for the product! valid matching licenses should be extended to all prior customers. to do otherwise not only constitutes fraud, but reeks of unethical business practices. and yes, I most certainly do blame these rebanded employees for fraudulently causing my LIFETIME license, that I paid dearly for, to stop working. I will not support this fraudulent behavior by purchasing anything else from them.

yes I am grateful the employees are continuing development, I just don't think their base of loyal, paying customers should be asked to pay for something they've already purchased!

Would you prefer NO AnyDVD, ever? That came close to happening.

Blame the DCMA/AACS-LA/Hollywood for forcing SlySoft to close. The individual developers decided to continue keeping AnyDVD working and updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet again, someone not doing the research or reading the news. It's not a rebrand. The USA and associates shut slysoft down, not the developers!

I said nothing of the developers shutting down anything down. nor did I mention a rebranding of any kind. please take the time to read my response if you are going to take the time to respond to it. thank you.

I said nothing of the developers shutting down anything down. nor did I mention a rebranding of any kind. please take the time to read my response if you are going to take the time to respond to it. thank you.

You're still 100% wrong in your assesment of what happened.
Reband - rebrand - it's still not what happened.

And you stopped it from working by not reading the warning next to the download button.
EASY FIX!
Just uninstall AnyDVD and reinstall any version older than 8.x.x.x. (ie any 7.x.x.x. is fine)
-W

Last edited:
You said nothing about a rebrand? Looks like you've hit a defective short term memory. It's in your very first sentence.

so the company's doors get closed, the employees reband as a new company with a different name

Not the fault of the developers, slysoft got shut down from upper hand. It's just plain wrong and insulting to claim fraudulent behavior from the staff.

You said nothing about a rebrand? Looks like you've hit a defective short term memory. It's in your very first sentence.
Not the fault of the developers, slysoft got shut down from upper hand. It's just plain wrong and insulting to claim fraudulent behavior from the staff.

He said reband - I missed it too at first.
=W

Might want to read that reply again, and the quote too. I didn't miss it ;-)

what I said is the employees (or perhaps more technically correct: developers) rebanded (there's no "R" in reband or rebanded) which, in english means they "came together" or "came back together". again, I said nothing of "rebRanding" anything. again, I ask you to please take the time to read what I post before taking the time to respond. thank you.

so the company's doors get closed, the employees reband as a new company with a different name and now I'm being asked to pay ANOTHER $100. really? so what happens next time the employees decide to change their name? gonna ask me for ANOTHER $100??? sheesh! we've already paid for the product! valid matching licenses should be extended to all prior customers. to do otherwise not only constitutes fraud, but reeks of unethical business practices. and yes, I most certainly do blame these rebanded employees for fraudulently causing my LIFETIME license, that I paid dearly for, to stop working. I will not support this fraudulent behavior by purchasing anything else from them.

yes I am grateful the employees are continuing development, I just don't think their base of loyal, paying customers should be asked to pay for something they've already purchased!

Might want to read that reply again, and the quote too. I didn't miss it ;-)

He raid reband not rebrand - LOL!
-W

Still, blaming the staff for something they didn't do is just plain wrong. That said, the debates as to what happened are closed and what happened is well known or should be. This topic is now

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back