• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RedFox CloneCD 5.3.4.0, Publisher Name

George++

Even with CloneCD 5.3.4.0 RedFoxed, Win 10's "Programs and Features" page still lists the Publisher as SlySoft, Not RedFox.

The info dialog in CloneCD does say RedFox.

Just FYI for the devs. :)

All three products still do. And they know it . Just down the list of priorities.

All three products still do. And they know it . Just down the list of priorities.
All three products still do "what?"

Only CloneCD shows the publisher as SlySoft, AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile are listed as RedFox.

programs.jpg

All three products still do "what?"

Only CloneCD shows the publisher as SlySoft, AnyDVD and CloneDVD Mobile are listed as RedFox.

View attachment 29897
When you go to install after downloading it does that security pop-up that says published by Slysoft Inc., then downloaded from internet. Before opening the actual installation exe.That's what I was talking about. Not what you were showing. I never go into those really.
PS
cloneBD is at version.
1.0.8.4. now

That's the digital signature you're talking about. For the same reasons it's not easy for redfox to get paysafe cards as a method, it's as difficult for redfox to get a digital publishers software signing certificate. No doubt they're working on a solution, it's just one of those issues that's not easy to fix.

When you go to install after downloading it does that security pop-up that says published by Slysoft Inc., then downloaded from internet. Before opening the actual installation exe.That's what I was talking about. Not what you were showing. I never go into those really.
The digital signature of the installer file is an entirely different issue from the installed app's publisher name. I mentioned the latter as something the devs might have overlooked changing when they RedFoxed CloneCD and CDVDMobile. Changing the "Publisher" name of an installed app is likely to be MUCH easier to do....maybe a couple of tweaks to the installer's setup script?

PS
cloneBD is at version.
1.0.8.4. now
I only have CloneBD installed as an unlicensed beta, and haven't used other than a single one time test a looooooong time ago. On my years old PC system it runs far too slow. Couple with the few BDs I do own at this time I don't see needing to pay for a CloneBD license.

I have d'lded the later CBD versions, I just never saw the need to install them.

Last edited:
Even with CloneCD 5.3.4.0 RedFoxed, Win 10's "Programs and Features" page still lists the Publisher as SlySoft, Not RedFox.

The info dialog in CloneCD does say RedFox.

Just FYI for the devs. :)
Thank you, I've overlooked this.

I only have CloneBD installed as an unlicensed beta, and haven't used other than a single one time test a looooooong time ago. On my years old PC system it runs far too slow.
Turn off compression and it will be veeeeery fast. ;)

Thank you, I've overlooked this.
I figured it was an "ooops" situation. :)

Turn off compression and it will be veeeeery fast. ;)
As I recall my test of CloneBD was doing it uncompressed, and still it was reported to be taking over 6(?) hours.

It was quite a while ago I tested it, as you can tell from the installed version number I showed, and CloneBD is unlicensed. Doesn't it add a watermark to the output when unlicensed? Maybe the "excess" time was from a much older version and adding the watermark.

I really don't have many Bluray discs that I can reasonably justify the cost of a license at this time. :(

I figured it was an "ooops" situation. :)

As I recall my test of CloneBD was doing it uncompressed, and still it was reported to be taking over 6(?) hours.

It was quite a while ago I tested it, as you can tell from the installed version number I showed, and CloneBD is unlicensed. Doesn't it add a watermark to the output when unlicensed? Maybe the "excess" time was from a much older version and adding the watermark.

I really don't have many Bluray discs that I can reasonably justify the cost of a license at this time. :(
I bought one when they had the RedFox store is launched let's give 20% too sale.
Was great idea so I bundled with a 2nd key for CDVD though I didn't even NEED it right now. (There's that niceness taking over again since 1st key was purchased in 07). For cheaper than a CBD LTL at reg price. So was a win-win.

And yes it will put the watermark on encoded disc's that's there trial limitation. Since it works after 21 days. But pete said there is a way that doesn't:
Normally, a transcode is done, when one of these conditions are met:
- a clip needs compression (shrinking), that's obvious
- you set the clip marks and cut a piece from a playlist
- you select "audio core only"

I think, I got them all.
The trial watermark does not get added, if you copy the clips 1:1 (no compression, no DTS-HD core extraction).
This is by design.

And one more:

I say again: transcoding does NOT happen because of the watermark. It's actually the other way around.
If CloneBD needs to transcode, the watermark gets added. Only then.

Back