• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RedFox Anystream Tweaks + Implementations ??

jscrf

Hi guys, I would like to mention two things that bother me, but I can get around them, but both would leave the RF more "round".

1... Unfortunately, I don't know other languages, but in the NF titles, the SRT subtitles are coming with the italics removed, this is even solved by downloading a download plugin for firefox/chrome.

2... Another point, will be to see the RF, being able to save the video with 2 or more audio, would be excellent.

3... Another point that would be cool, would be for the movies to save the year, something like this: Jurassic World 3 Dominion (2022).

Well I don't know if this has already been mentioned, I believe that someone had already talked about it, but it is worth reinforcing.

Reactions: SAF
i believe that 2 and 3 have been asked ad nauseam ... search is a great companion and friend

3 would require information from an outside service or API. And it would need input from you anyway for when it found multiples of the same title.

3 would require information from an outside service or API. And it would need input from you anyway for when it found multiples of the same title.
The solution would be to allow us to edit the title before download. I am sure that would be a bit of work and wouldn't be my highest priority, but it would be nice.

3... Another point that would be cool, would be for the movies to save the year, something like this: Jurassic World 3 Dominion (2022).
I asked for this a while back and used to feel strongly that we needed this, but in reality, I just changed my movie download folder to a temp directory, and once things finish downloading I just look them up on TMDB and update the filename, then move to my library. It only takes a few seconds per title, so I've changed my stance on the feature request a little. I'd rather see RF focus on more providers and popup DRM issues than integrating some sort of third party service lookup with a UI to handle cases where it can't figure it out from an API (ie: multiple films with the same or similar title). In my (admittedly limited) sample set, probably 20-30% of searches I do on TMDB find multiple movies or tv shows, so no API call is going to be a magic solution to just figure it out without human intervention anyway.

I asked for this a while back and used to feel strongly that we needed this, but in reality, I just changed my movie download folder to a temp directory, and once things finish downloading I just look them up on TMDB and update the filename, then move to my library. It only takes a few seconds per title, so I've changed my stance on the feature request a little. I'd rather see RF focus on more providers and popup DRM issues than integrating some sort of third party service lookup with a UI to handle cases where it can't figure it out from an API (ie: multiple films with the same or similar title). In my (admittedly limited) sample set, probably 20-30% of searches I do on TMDB find multiple movies or tv shows, so no API call is going to be a magic solution to just figure it out without human intervention anyway.

This is the same process I follow but I use IMDB. So any title I have I will look it up and rename it with the appropriate year. Then I move it where it needs to go. I too would rather they spent time on other things.

Now with that being said it is possible to do what is being asked and to automate it. But you would still have to tell the mechanism which title you wanted if there was more than 1 match. I use a separate program to catalogue all my stuff (it does not rename the files) and it uses medianfo and multiple online DB's to search a title and pull the info for it. But whenever there is more than 1 match I have to tell it which one it is.

This is the same process I follow but I use IMDB. So any title I have I will look it up and rename it with the appropriate year. Then I move it where it needs to go. I too would rather they spent time on other things.

Now with that being said it is possible to do what is being asked and to automate it. But you would still have to tell the mechanism which title you wanted if there was more than 1 match. I use a separate program to catalogue all my stuff (it does not rename the files) and it uses medianfo and multiple online DB's to search a title and pull the info for it. But whenever there is more than 1 match I have to tell it which one it is.
Exactly what I do!

Why not let "FileBot" do the searching and renaming?
I think it has been mentioned some times ...
Drag all the files to rename into the program, fetch data via your favourite DB and hit rename...
When in Doubt, you will be asked to resolve
upload_2022-8-9_21-37-47.png

If you're really into renaming/organizing and stuff.. yes get FileBot and perhaps a file manager of which you can create your own command of choice, highly recommended

Basically along with Directory Opus I just click a custom button to have complete folder prepped with "name/year/imdb/format/art/nfo's, I don't even have to open FileBot's UI.. just one click away ((badabom)) and magically everything happens before my eyes

I also created some subtitle renaming scripts / fetch subtitles / Series naming / Movie naming etc, I use SubtitleEdit to re-sync subs mostly, some quick access to NAS.. I simply open -=Toolbar Center when needed to mess with this stuff, I rarely have to edit anything manually, and risk of having dupes pretty much NULL when using FileBot

I always prep everything before going to NAS or stored elsewhere, now FileBot ain't free but totally worth it within just a day .. while RF maybe can get us some of these features in future they will not be able to compete with FileBot, it's simply a different monster targeted for these things explicitly, and if they now did implement features of this kind based on our requests they should certainly charge more for their application, at least I think so cause these kinda premium features takes a lot of extra efforts to maintain

FileBot-Dopus.png

Last edited:
I really respect the amount of time some of you guys and gals put into adding all this information to your movie collection. I have a small movie collection, there are not many movies that I can watch twice, when you get to be my age, if I can get to see the good ones once, I am lucky. I am looking forward to the new movie " Beast" with Idris Elba. In theatres now but I am guessing it will soon be available to one of the providers.

I really respect the amount of time some of you guys and gals put into adding all this information to your movie collection. I have a small movie collection, there are not many movies that I can watch twice, when you get to be my age, if I can get to see the good ones once, I am lucky. I am looking forward to the new movie " Beast" with Idris Elba. In theatres now but I am guessing it will soon be available to one of the providers.

I use EMDB for purposes of cataloguing everything. It's really awesome. I think it will even mass rename files but I have not tried that feature and it would scare the heck out of me to try at this point. But it does a lot more than I use it for.

It's mainly NAS or Media server users that want's features of this kind.. I can understand them because it means less hassle and most media servers are on point scraping nfo/art when adding things like year or id's in title.. that's why many ask for it, or to avoid dupes

When I first started out with Anystream, having a media server myself I tried without year/id's and honestly it didn't take very long before i stomped into problems, Jesus Christ one can really mess things up with meta&artwork if you're not careful :ROFLMAO: .. that's why I always include it

I often thought about doing it, but then again, I have been OCD most of my life and I certainly do not want people to think it is getting worse.:)

It's mainly NAS or Media server users that want's features of this kind.. I can understand them because it means less hassle and most media servers are on point scraping nfo/art when adding things like year or id's in title.. that's why many ask for it, or to avoid dupes

When I first started out with Anystream, having a media server myself I tried without year/id's and honestly it didn't take very long before i stomped into problems, Jesus Christ one can really mess things up with meta&artwork if you're not careful :ROFLMAO: .. that's why I always include it

This is why I catalogue stuff in EMDB. If I want to see if I already have something I search for it in the DB and the results tell me everything about what I do or don't have including mediainfo information.

So at the end of the day I don't check my NAS files to see what I have already or what format I have it in. I just search EMDB and it tells me things like name, year, where it came from, what provider it came from, what disc formats I have it in, and all the file and mediainfo stuff including IMDB/MovieDB info.

US Release Date Aug 19th......you might have to wait a little longer.

US Release Date Aug 19th......you might have to wait a little longer.
I know but from the Trailer, it looks really good and I love Idris Elba, I first noticed him in " The Wire" and he was great.

I know but from the Trailer, it looks really good and I love Idris Elba, I first noticed him in " The Wire" and he was great.
I hadn't noticed it until you just mentioned it...sounds like it will be good. Fortunately...Universal is pretty quick to release after theatrical.

am intrigued. care to share more?

These pics would be some of buttons in more depth, simply the instructions I gave those buttons you saw earlier

Basically I use Dopus renaming feature to rename subs/extensions to be more uniform based on own presets, I do that because my media server have problems with let's say "en-US.cc.srt" or "sv-swe.srt" etc, I'm lazy to type or rename every time I get these so I've made renaming presets that will do this for me, subs would simply be renamed *eng.srt or *swe.srt if any presets to be found, with just a click

But for FileBot, that program has a plethora of command-line switches you could use, even if UI works fine I've found it rather convenient to utilize command-line

FileBot/SUB button:
Would fetch Swedish subtitles in whatever folder I'm located by pressing that button, very convenient but retrieving subs this way isn't always bulletproof .. (what type of subs, is maybe not to be discussed here)

FileBot/Movies button:

Would rename any movies located in my root DL folder, in same format you saw posted earlier, tucking everything neatly in folders, including, artwork, subs etc, with just a click

The first switches are folder preset, secondly movie-name preset, switches also instructs to include year/imdb-id/format and also download artwork
------------
filebot.exe %1 -rename "F:\Movies" --format "{n} {[y]}/{n} {[y]} {[imdbid]} {[vcf]}{subt}" --db TheMovieDB -non-strict --apply cover
------------

Similar for series, but I can say that Anystream works really great for series already so I don't often use that, but the other program we shouldn't talk about, it really names Movies/Series like dog shit, so these switches are more useful for a program that behaves or names badly in regards of series
------------
filebot.exe %1 -rename -r "F:\Movies" --format "{n}/{'Season '+s}/{n} - {s00e00} - {t}{subt}" --db TheTVDB -non-strict --apply cover
------------

But these are just some, you could get really super geeky with both Dopus or FileBot :confused::)

sshot-1.png

sshot-2.png

sshot-3.png

sshot-4.png

Last edited:
I'mnot sure if it's even possible or if I have to do this manually but here is what's happening.
I am wiping my NAS and starting fresh.

I have backups of all my movies and tv shows but a lot of them from when I first started ripping movies have no date just the name of the movie.

Is there any program out there that can help me with this

Back