• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

RedFox AnyDVD HD Portable Edition?

DJHallo

RedFox AnyDVD HD Portable Edition?
I love to see an Portable version aswel what I can use with a USB-Stick.
Would be very nice to have it Always with me without to having it to Install it everywhere! ;)

Maybe you can make it so that when you plug it into you're PS3, PS4, XBOX 360 and other Blu-Ray Players, for bypassing Cinavia and choose the right PlayList. ;)

Love to see this aswel: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/game-jackal-pro-v4-1-1-7-release.49546/#post-450089. ;)

Wrong section, moved. The Blu-ray issues question is reserved for disc related problems only. However I don't think it's possible. The bulk of anydvd's magic is done by the driver and you can't run a driver on-the-fly

Wrong section, moved. The Blu-ray issues question is reserved for disc related problems only. However I don't think it's possible. The bulk of anydvd's magic is done by the driver and you can't run a driver on-the-fly

Actually, with the new method used for 8.0.3.0 for installing and running the driver without a reboot (for clean installs, as upgrading has not required a reboot in a while), Portable versions should be possible.

A portable version (portableapps like extracted format, not VMWare Thinstall) would be able to install and run the driver upon running the program then uninstall the driver when closed.

EDIT: added quote from changelog

8.0.3.0 2016 06 22
- New (Blu-ray): Added subtitle vertical border option for 21:9 displays or
constant image height projection setups
- New (Blu-ray): Added subtitle transparency option for home theater setups
- New (Blu-ray): Added subtitle movement option
- New (Blu-ray): Added subtitle placement preset for 16:9 subtitles on 21:9 display
- New (Blu-ray): Added subtitle placement preset for 21:9 subtitles on 16:9 display
- New (Blu-ray): Improved ScreenPass support
- New (Blu-ray): Allow modifications (region lock, annoyances, ...) with copies
- New (Blu-ray): Driver uses much less memory
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (DVD): Support for new discs
- New: With most computers a reboot is no longer required after driver installation
- New: Show hour difference, if computer clock is not set correctly
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

Last edited:
Actually no, it shouldn't. The driver still needs to get installed first, what that change is is that it simply allows for driver update changes and reloads without the system needing a reboot. Even with that change, the setup still effectively installs the driver in the system. You can't just copy over a .sys driver and expect the system to know where it is, what it does and how to use it. That's what the driver needs to be installed for.

Actually no, it shouldn't. The driver still needs to get installed first, what that change is is that it simply allows for driver update changes and reloads without the system needing a reboot. Even with that change, the setup still effectively installs the driver in the system. You can't just copy over a .sys driver and expect the system to know where it is, what it does and how to use it. That's what the driver needs to be installed for.

I think a portable version could be done, but it would be psuedo-portable. Like you said, it still needs to install a driver and reload to use it. However I would go as for to assume people would be happy with a pseudo-portable version that installs the driver, reloads, reads the license key from a key-file placed in the same folder, then proceeds to uninstall and unload the driver upon exiting AnyDVD HD.

i get your idea but the whole point of portable is NOT to install something, then there's also the fact that some users or sys admins wouldn't be to happy about anyone going around and pluging in a random usb drive that installs a random driver and leaves it there when it's done. It's a good idea but feasibly? seriously doubt it

There's certainly unlikely to be any way to do it without admin rights.

As I see it, the only way to avoid installation issues and administration rights requirements would be to put the software onto a USB pass-through processor stick -- that would turn any USB optical drive into a decryption machine. :coolman:

It's possible but the existing software approach is so much easier and there's no need to ship anything. I doubt that will change any time soon!

Cheers,

--michael

And how exactly would you tell Windows that there's a new system driver available for use and how to use it? Right, installing the driver.

Ch3vr0n, were you responding to me? In case you were...

I was suggesting (with a smile & not too seriously) that the only "hands off my computer" solution is to put AnyDVD into a hardware processor dongle and put that between the computer & an external optical drive. The dongle would identify itself as a standard optical drive, and the computer would be none the wiser, no drivers or software need be installed on the computer.

Naturally, when the dongle software needs updating, THEN you need to install a driver on some computer so that you can reprogram the dongle. The rest of the time, just bring the dongle and -- maybe -- a portable USB blu-ray drive. Or then just hack the dongle into the drive enclosure and lug only the external drive.

This does NOT help at all with disabling Cinavia detection on your computer's software player. Which is why I ended my previous message by saying that the current software-only solution is much easier. Also instantly gratifying once it's downloaded!

Cheers,

--michael

Either way, it was a good idea but the feasibility of it... That's a whole another cookiejar!

I think a portable version could be done, but it would be psuedo-portable. Like you said, it still needs to install a driver and reload to use it. However I would go as for to assume people would be happy with a pseudo-portable version that installs the driver, reloads, reads the license key from a key-file placed in the same folder, then proceeds to uninstall and unload the driver upon exiting AnyDVD HD.
I believe it is a very idea to run an operating system extension from a removable drive (USB-stick).

I believe it is a very idea to run an operating system extension from a removable drive (USB-stick).
I know where I work the system is locked down from running .exe file so a portable USB would not work. Most places now days with Vista and Windows 7 and newer are controlling to not let any .exe run on their network so the USB would not work and no driver will install.

Back