• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Red 2

Why did you need to pull title 28? (Shrink issue not detecting identical video material?)

After ripping with 7.3.7.1 beta, I'm left with 2 main titles.....28 & 40. 28 is the correct title at 1:55:43, while 40 is a shorter title incorrect title with a length of 1:47:27.
So yes, he has to pull title 28, I'm assuming for a movie only copy.
I'll try the latest beta later tonight to see if we still get 2 main titles.

One odd thing I noticed.... When I play the original disc in WinDVD , it will change titles everytime I play the movie. Once it was title 40 that played, next it was 67, then 28, then 37. That's the first time I've seen a movie do this.

Why did you need to pull title 28? (Shrink issue not detecting identical video material?)

Title 28 is the correct Main Movie.
Shrink detected 2 Main Movies in the rip - the other one was a little shorter and missing parts.
Re-doing now with latest version - will report with log in a couple.

-W

Title 28 is the correct Main Movie.
Shrink detected 2 Main Movies in the rip - the other one was a little shorter and missing parts.
Re-doing now with latest version - will report with log in a couple.

-W

Same with latest version. (rip folder identical to 7.3.7.1 rip folder)
Title 28 and title 40 in the rip folder via Shrink.
Title 28 is correct, title 40 is a bit shorter and not complete.
(No "extended version" on this, which sometimes accounts for this phenom)

-W

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.7.3_Info_G_RED_2.ziplog
    798.6 KB · Views: 6
Same with latest version. (rip folder identical to 7.3.7.1 rip folder)
Title 28 and title 40 in the rip folder via Shrink.
Title 28 is correct, title 40 is a bit shorter and not complete.
(No "extended version" on this, which sometimes accounts for this phenom)

-W

Thanks, this is very helpful. Titles 28 and 40 are in different title sets, so this isn't a Shrink problem. CloneDVD (and AnyDVD ripper) will fall for this, too.

EDIT:
But you said, AnyDVD ripper made a copy to folder with <8GB size???? :confused:

EDIT:
But you said, AnyDVD ripper made a copy to folder with <8GB size???? :confused:

Yes.. I deleted the folders now (made with both) and they were identical 7.90g, and did not look exceptionally large.

-W

Last edited:
Yes.. I deleted the folders now (made with both) and they were identical 7.90g, and did not look exceptionally large.

-W

Very odd. I'll receive my copy of this disc soon and take a look.

First time posting here, but have been using SlySoft for several years.

I typically use SlySoft to backup my DVD's, then use Handbrake to encode (convert to .MOV/MPEG-4) for viewing through AppleTV (or other Apple devices). I am seeing similar things with this title (Red 2).

The Red 2 disk seemed to save properly to the hard drive, and the .VOB files seem to be intact. But, as others are mentioning, I am seeing two (2) copies of the film. One is approx. 1:47, the other is 1:55.

When I try to encode either of them using Handbrake I get a 'dummy' file. It's only like 6KB in size.

I've been using this process for several years (on several hundred of the DVD's in my library) and this is the first time I have seen this issue.

I plan to do a little more investigation when I get back home, but thought I would join the discussion while I had some downtime at the office.

Any suggestions/feedback?

Thanks. And happy holidays. :)

I could not get it to work it kept "trying to repair defective disc structure" should I post a logfile?

Is this a trick question? ;)
Of course you should.

I could not get it to work it kept "trying to repair defective disc structure" should I post a logfile?

Of course, unless you don't want the issue fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

That's not a logfile. That's simply the anydvd status window text file. Follow instructions. The complete logfile is needed, and that file has the file extension . ziplog. That being said, the disc is CSS protected but your drive region is not set. In order for anydvd to properly crack CSS the drive region needs to be set. You need to go into your computer's device manager, select the region tab and pick the region that matches your location or the one that matches the region of most of your discs. Then try again.

Last edited:
I am also having problems with ripping Red 2. I have the US DVD Retail version purchased from Amazon. The DVD will play with Windows Media Player, but any attempts to rip using AnyDVD HD 7.3.7.0 result in cannot read from disk errors. I have inspected the disk and it does not appear to be damaged or smudged, so I don't think it is a disk error, and reading here on the forums that others are experiencing problems too makes me think that the problem is with Red 2 that the Slysoft developers will need to look into and find a solution for. View attachment AnyDVD_7.3.7.0_Info_E_RED_2.ziplog Here is my log file for the original DVD copy.

This is my first post. I'm not an expert with AnyDVD, but have used it for a while to get my DVD/Bluray collection backed up to a external disk drive and this is the first snag I've hit where the program does not appear to be able to read all of the DVD to save it to disk. If there are things you would like me to try, please be specific and patient with me and I'll be happy to try to contribute to get this problem resolved for everyone involved. Thank you.

same probable fix for you. Set your drive hardware region

here's my experience:::
::::::::::::::::::::::::::
anydvd 7361 will fail at 56% with a "fileIO" error
upgraded to 7362 and had a perfect rip to hdd
this is the redbox us rental version which windows udf reports the dvd at 6.09gb
ripit4m3 as the picture i have posted shows the udf at 67.9gb

anydvd rips three titles----28,31,70
main movie title is 28
inside the video_vts folder -----vts 13 and vts 24 have the movie vobs
dvd shrink/clonedvd opens up the video_ts folder 100%

:clap:

Attachments

• red2_anydvd_3 titles.JPG
    red2_anydvd_3 titles.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 18
If you rip with anydvd, then why does that image say ripit4me. That piece of software is nearly a decade old. If you have issues then a logfile is needed.

First time posting here, but have been using SlySoft for several years.

I typically use SlySoft to backup my DVD's, then use Handbrake to encode (convert to .MOV/MPEG-4) for viewing through AppleTV (or other Apple devices). I am seeing similar things with this title (Red 2).

The Red 2 disk seemed to save properly to the hard drive, and the .VOB files seem to be intact. But, as others are mentioning, I am seeing two (2) copies of the film. One is approx. 1:47, the other is 1:55.

When I try to encode either of them using Handbrake I get a 'dummy' file. It's only like 6KB in size.

I've been using this process for several years (on several hundred of the DVD's in my library) and this is the first time I have seen this issue.

I plan to do a little more investigation when I get back home, but thought I would join the discussion while I had some downtime at the office.

Any suggestions/feedback?

Thanks. And happy holidays. :)

Guess I am the only one who uses DVD backups for AppleTV & iOS stuff.

I ended-up just combining the .VOB files from the copy. I was able to encode to QuickTime from that...checked-out the first 10-minutes (or so). Looks like it worked.

Back