• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Recommend a DVD Burning s/w?

funguy

I would like to get recommendations for a DVD burning s/w. Would like to buy one shortly, and would want it to work with Shrink.

Thanks in advance.

FG

Agreed. ImgBurn is the most trust worthy out there. I wouldn't use anything else.

It's all I've been using to burn for a few months now. I own CopyToDVD, Nero, and a few others but I've found that IMGBurn is the most consistent burning software.

Burning Software

I mostly use Roxio's EMC8 Suite for burning optical media these days - with consistently excellent results. But I agree with others who are advocating ImgBurn if you are only interested in burning video DVD's using the output of DVDShrink - ImgBurn is an awesome program and works very well alongside DVDShrink.

But I agree with others who are advocating ImgBurn if you are only interested in burning video DVD's using the output of DVDShrink -

Eh?? Why not burn data discs with it? I do it all the time...

Soon (if I read correctly) LIGHTNING UK! will impliment audio cd burning.

Eh?? Why not burn data discs with it? I do it all the time...

I've been using the Adaptec - then Roxio - now Sonic - Easy CD Creator programs since version 3 (now up to 9, although I still use 8 mostly). It is a very comprehensive and powerful suite, that I am used to using for most anything. It isn't a perfect set of programs (but what extensive suite of programs is these days) - but I know how to deal with its weaknesses, flaws and/or odd behaviors, so I stick with it.

I've been using the Adaptec - then Roxio - now Sonic - Easy CD Creator programs since version 3 (now up to 9, although I still use 8 mostly). It is a very comprehensive and powerful suite, that I am used to using for most anything. It isn't a perfect set of programs (but what extensive suite of programs is these days) - but I know how to deal with its weaknesses, flaws and/or odd behaviors, so I stick with it.

Fair enough. :) For those that don't have Sonic, IMGBurn is a very good program to make data cd/DVD's, as well as Video DVD's.

I've been using and have been happy with 1click dvd for some time now .

imgburn?

ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats - including BIN, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.
============================
I just took this off their site...and somehow I have missed this topic...what is it you folks are doing? burning iso files?
I personally have only used avi files, and yes I paid for the software I use,...AoA....but I have never used iso..or those other formats I never heard of.

maybe I am too used to doing things my way because it's all I have known?

I don't know about the rest of them, but, I use IMGBurn to burn just about everything. Data, DVD, ISO images, etc. Works great for me.

Even though no one's mentioned it yet, I love DVD Decrypter. With AnyDVD on the fly, DVD Decrypter and Shrink are my choices. I do all the new releases with no problem. Well, besides Sony stuff, and for that, I recommend CloneDVD2 100%.

There's no need for DVD Decrypter. IMGBurn is made by the same guy. :) When used with AnyDVD, IMGBurn functions just as well if not better than DVD Decrypter. Use IMGBurn read mode to make an ISO, use IMGBurn's write mode to write it out. Good to go.

There's no need for DVD Decrypter. IMGBurn is made by the same guy. :) When used with AnyDVD, IMGBurn functions just as well if not better than DVD Decrypter. Use IMGBurn read mode to make an ISO, use IMGBurn's write mode to write it out. Good to go.
Sshhhhh be careful with what you say ;)

When used with AnyDVD, IMGBurn functions just as well if not better than DVD Decrypter. Use IMGBurn read mode to make an ISO, use IMGBurn's write mode to write it out. Good to go.

Is that for dual layered backups?

Is that for dual layered backups?

Or for single layer originals, as well. Yes, you're not modifying anything at all...no compression, no removal of content. It's a 1:1 backup minus the CSS protection.

Back