• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Recode NF items

powederburned

Hey all, for those who have had issues with some NF episodes stopping during playback I have found a work around. I had this issue with episodes of The Witcher (whole series) and I recoded the file with handbreak and the titles worked afterward. I am not sure if this will work for all of the issues with NF files but maybe this will help some.

Hey all, for those who have had issues with some NF episodes stopping during playback I have found a work around. I had this issue with episodes of The Witcher (whole series) and I recoded the file with handbreak and the titles worked afterward. I am not sure if this will work for all of the issues with NF files but maybe this will help some.
I just confirmed that this does not work for videos that stop playing video after 2 minutes. (My Little Pony S04E11 using the Fast 1080p30 preset) What settings are you using in Handbrake?

Very unlikely this will help with videos that have the pretty scrambling after min 2.

What happens is, handbrake – as well as any other encoder – reads the video stream, then encodes it according to your settings. If your video player can't decode the video, then so does handbrake. And I'm not even talking about the degrading video quality AND compression efficiency, you will definately get if you don't know what you are doing.

So if you have some playback issue that can be solved with reencoding, that's great! For the DRM problems that unfortunately won't help.

Very unlikely this will help with videos that have the pretty scrambling after min 2.

What happens is, handbrake – as well as any other encoder – reads the video stream, then encodes it according to your settings. If your video player can't decode the video, then so does handbrake. And I'm not even talking about the degrading video quality AND compression efficiency, you will definately get if you don't know what you are doing.

So if you have some playback issue that can be solved with reencoding, that's great! For the DRM problems that unfortunately won't help.
I didn't think it would fix the issues I've been having, but I thought I'd give it a shot and post my result for others.

Sounds like the issues I was seeing are different than the ones you all are describing. None of mine scrable but rather, they just halt playback in plex. I can get them to start back up if I stop playback and restart.

That sounds more like an incomplete download with defunct headers. And in such a situation it would much more likely help to remux the file, possibly even with streamcopying the video. If you are interested pm me to check if the files can be repaired without degrading the video.

If you are interested pm me to check if the files can be repaired without degrading the video.
Thank you, I appreciate that. I'm not overly concerned about it as "premium quality" isn't that big of a deal for me. I'm probably about to drop my sub for NF anyway as we don't use it very often.

Mostly it was an experiment. I noticed the problem with a first set of downloads back when NF subtitles wouldn't download as well. I have tried downloading episode 1 as a test of each of the beta releases. Interesting thing is that the issue occurred at different points in the video in each DL but never failed to have at least one spot where it would happen. Playback in VLC always worked so it looks like some kind of artifact in the file that Plex doesn't like.

I didn't realize that the issue I was seeing was significantly different than the issue other people were describing.

You should try just remuxing (lossless and much faster) instead of re-encoding. That is what I do to fix the skipping problems. At this point I remux everything anystream produces, no idea whether whatever bug I was working around still exists.

Install MKVToolNix

Either use the GUI or process in bulk with something like:

for %I in (*.mp4) do mkvmerge -o "mkv\%~ni.mkv" "%I"

Back