• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock's Resampler version 0.1.7 ICL11

Yes, but sometimes only dts soundtracks are available...
Maybe I will decode them to flac with eac3to.
no need, use Arcsoft's DTS decoder..done :)
Another point to my FF400, with its own power supply...
..which is a wall wart? it's got very nasty ripple. Sure, they can stabilize it w/ a proper power stage on the PCB, and I sure hope they do for the price they're asking :p

I would even dare to say that the P5K Premium sounds clearer than my previous GA-P31-DS3L(cheapo as can be)...it's got a killer PCB w/ very low ripple/crosstalk. Asus are the leaders when it comes to PCB shielding, there's no contest.

I've never been into spending a lot into mobos, but a $300 mobo gives a better SQ than a $60...God forbid, ground shielding is an art :policeman:

my next(last?) upgrade will be a burson op-amp as the last buffer, these things are mind blowing from what everyone says: http://www.bursonaudio.com/opamp101.htm

upgraditis is a nasty sickness, each time SQ improves...your previous config becomes instantly unbearable :disagree:

Last edited:
Reclock b50 is quite a CPU hog w/ 192kHz resampling, and I now have a CPU that supports new instructions(3.5Ghz Q9450 > SSE4.1)...it's time to rerun tests w/ the different ICL versions I think :agree:

Reclock b50 is quite a CPU hog w/ 192kHz resampling, ....

... and the audio buffers within ReClock are really getting huge. Come on, *you* wanted this! So, no complaining, please. :D How about using 96 kHz? That was the original plan, wasn't it? And - to be honest - I don't hear a difference... :eek:

... and the audio buffers within ReClock are really getting huge. Come on, *you* wanted this! So, no complaining, please. :D How about using 96 kHz? That was the original plan, wasn't it? And - to be honest - I don't hear a difference...
huge? like RAM usage?

oh I'm far from complaining, mind you...I knew that 3.5Ghz Q9450 would come in handy someday :D

I've used my best sounding movie(french "GO FAST" BD, the lossless track is simply eye popping like nothing I've heard before :agree:), 88.2 is ugly...176.4 even worse I think, 96 is nice but I think I still prefer 192..I'll compare again, the WaveSpectra measurements show that 96 should be theoritically better, but maybe my DAC and/or audio drivers give better filtering at 192(one of the strengths of the AK4396 DAC).

anyway 96 and 192 offer a much clearer stereo image that 47952Hz...pretty HUGE difference :clap:

Last edited:
anyway 96 and 192 offer a much clearer stereo image that 47952Hz...pretty HUGE difference :clap:

I'm glad you're happy. And I have to trust your words, as I can't hear a difference... :rolleyes:

put some AD797B op-amps on whatever soundcard you have, get some nice headphones/speakers and you'll hear it I promise :rock:

No sound card, no op-amps. I use digital out via HDMI. And 192 kHz does work with the Onkyo, it didn't with the Denon.

there's got to be op-amps in the amps...and usually, pretty generic ones like 5532's..you wouldn't regret swapping them for AD797B ;)

there's got to be op-amps in the amps...and usually, pretty generic ones like 5532's..you wouldn't regret swapping them for AD797B ;)

No, I'm not swapping the op-amps in the amps... ;)

No, I'm not swapping the op-amps in the amps... ;)
well, if you can't hear a diff between 47952 and 192kHz, I think you should keep it in mind when the warranty runs out ;)

AD797B is pretty much the best op-amp money can buy: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/au...ewed-OPA-earth-OPA-moon-OPA-sun-v-2-a-397691/
2x AD797BRZ – this is the op-amp truly deserving the name of the Analog Device. This one is a smoother and fuller sounding version of the AD797. Switching from the ANZ to the BRZ series is like going vinyl instead of digital. Everything is smooth to the moment your music craves for the harsh texture like aggressive violin passages, distorted guitars, or stronger double bass phrases. The readability of the furthest plans is great, without going into image sharpening effect which makes you see the details more but lose the feeling of perspective at the same time. Roughly, it's like the AD79ANZ with all advantages of the OPA627BP added. The soundstage is nowhere limited and the sound image of whatever possible shape. This is a reference integrated op-amp for me so let me know as soon as you find better, and I will verify it.
I've put 4 of them on my card, and they're not going! :D

cd268f59626197.gif

Last edited:
humm, I think I'm gonna ditch the burson...all I need is four AD797BN, they are totally uncolored and completely versatile soundstage-wise...the only chip I've heard so far that offers so much(for such a low price :eek:)

anyway, what this guy says matches what I'm hearing at 192kHz in Reclock: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f133/bit-depth-sampling-frequency-explained-455688/index2.html
I can not stress enough that Nyquist assumes an ideal low-pass filter in order to remove the sampling artifacts that are mirrored in the spectrum. Increasing the sample rate allows you to use a much better filter with a more gentle roll-off which avoids putting oscillation and ringing in the audio spectrum.
it also matches what the cPlay coder wrote in his tutorial: http://photos.imageevent.com/cics/v... art of building Computer Transports v0.3.pdf
889a7d54790781.gif
and my AK4396 DAC is known for its excellent post-filtering...so going 192kHz increases aliasing, but it can easily filter it out w/ its 128X oversampling: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/modwright3/transporter_2.html
Being AKM's flagship part, this DAC has up to 10 times less out-of-band noise compared to anything similar on the market today. It also has the capability to accept a 216KHz sample rate while keeping the same digital filter oversampling rate and the same speed of the modulator."

the Burr-Brown PCM1972A(used on many cards including the Asus Xonar Essence) cannot do 128X oversampling at 192kHz, only 64X.

I can't really picture myself upsampling to 192kHz on purpose, but it's a necessary evil in Reclock anyway.

I see many ppl on doom9 craving for HD audio pass-through via HDMI...but what is the point? get killer SQ and stuttering video? who wants that exactly? "oh my...SQ kicks ass, and I love 60Hz judder too!"

PS: some food for thoughts: http://books.google.com/books?id=VZ...nciples+of+Digital+Audio#v=onepage&q=&f=false

Last edited:
Back