• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock Wasapi Exclusive - 5.1 Surround Channels no sound (wrong side-rear mapping)

JohnnyEM

Using latest Reclock 1.8.8.5
Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit build 10041
Asus H97I-Plus
Realtek alc 887

Reclock Wasapi Exclusive + LAV Filters = no sound in the 5.1 surround channels

I have tracked down the issue to Asus/Realtek unusually mapping the 5.1 surround channels to the rear speakers instead of the side speakers.

Consequently, Reclock Wasapi Exclusive is wrongly sending the surround channels to the non existent side speakers, so no surround sound.

I understand my setup is a particular case, but is there a way for Reclock to swap the side and rear channels to match my setup?

Last edited:
Have you tried enabling "Convert Output to Standard Channel Layouts" option in the properties of LAV Audio Decoder?

Edit: my bad, of course that wouldn't be of any help as the problem is on the sound card and not the source... apart from remapping the channels using ffdshow I don't see a solution.

Last edited:
is there a way for Reclock to swap the side and rear channels to match my setup?

You can do this with the help of regedit.
Check the release notes.

Code:
* New: Added debug registry values ChannelMaskOverride_x for PCM formats, where x stands for the number of channels.
  Example: Set ChannelMaskOverride_6 to 0x60f to override the channel mask for 6 channel PCM to use the side speakers, or set it to 0x3F to use the back speakers for the rear channels.
  A value of 0 disables channel mask override (default).  These are the definitions of the speaker positions:
  SPEAKER_FRONT_LEFT              0x1
  SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT             0x2
  SPEAKER_FRONT_CENTER            0x4
  SPEAKER_LOW_FREQUENCY           0x8
  SPEAKER_BACK_LEFT               0x10
  SPEAKER_BACK_RIGHT              0x20
  SPEAKER_FRONT_LEFT_OF_CENTER    0x40
  SPEAKER_FRONT_RIGHT_OF_CENTER   0x80
  SPEAKER_BACK_CENTER             0x100
  SPEAKER_SIDE_LEFT               0x200
  SPEAKER_SIDE_RIGHT              0x400
  SPEAKER_TOP_CENTER              0x800