• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock stays yellow on 29.97 sources?

DeadMan3000

When playing back 29.97FPS sources MPC HC's EVR renderer shows 24FPS as it's sending to a 24P display. Yet ReClock never goes green. I can force ReClock to 24FPS and the audio only varies in pitch slightly and then ReClock turns green. But it's a little juddery on the video.

It only ever seems to go green on it's own when switching to 60Hz. If MPC HC is rendering at 24FPS (I dunno if it's doing any IVTC?) how come it does not go green on it's own?

What are you playing? Interlaced 29.97 (as in an NTSC DVD)? I can play that kind of content at 24p but only after IVTC has been done.

Yeah that might be why. But MPC HC (2156) says in EVR CP or EVR Sync that is playing at 24FPS which is why I am a little confused on why ReClock is not doing anything with it as far as I can see. Surely if MPC is playing at 24FPS ReClock should be clocking to that??? 23.976FPS material goes green as normal.

Can you post screenshots of the MPC-HC graph and of ReClock when it's playing?

It does not let me grab a screen with D3D enabled. Will without be OK? I think it does the same thing (Will test).

I can't get it to screengrab the image with the stats showing. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
If it shows the same numbers yeah, without D3D would be the same. Also a screenshot of ReClock while it's playing would help.

Wow! That was a pain to capture. I had to use printscreen in the end. MPC won't capture the stats.

clipboard3q.jpg

clipboard1c.jpg

Last edited:
I think MPC is just telling you the actual frame rate the video is being shown at, not the original rate. This is EVR Sync, right? I don't have much experience with it, but it says there that it's dropped a lot of frames (cause you're running your display at 24p).

Are you sure this is originally 24p-shot material and if so, are you sure this is correctly telecined (so proper IVTC can be applied)?

I think MPC is just telling you the actual frame rate the video is being shown at, not the original rate. This is EVR Sync, right? I don't have much experience with it, but it says there that it's dropped a lot of frames (cause you're running your display at 24p).

Are you sure this is originally 24p-shot material and if so, are you sure this is correctly telecined (so proper IVTC can be applied)?

If I pull it into tsMuxer it does not have an IVTC pulldown option and it fails to be saved as 23.976 so I believe this is true 29.97 interlaced. I have an MP4 that has a similar issue. It's pure 29.97FPS.

That's normal: ReClock won't turn green as it's receiving 29,97 content and has to play it at 24. ReClock cannot IVTC on its own, the video decoder has to do that beforehand.
Forcing ReClock to 24 by checking PAL SpeedDown isn't designed for that type of content and won't give the desired result.

Looking at your screenshot you can spot obvious jagged edges and overall low quality (for HD content, that is), just like what you get with film-based telecined content having been wrongly deinterlaced as video.
Check the source material.

Back