• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock for editions above PowerDVD 18?

Knew

I noticed that the last version of ReClock (1.9.0.7) was for PowerDVD 18, does this mean I won't be able to get it to work with editions above that? If so, what solutions can I consider for my PAL speedup?

I really don't want to use Corel WinDVD 12 (which has PAL TruSpeed) because for whatever reason it does not like my audio system and causes pops and clicks just because I launched it, resulting in me having to reboot my entire system to remedy the problem. It is incredibly annoying!

Thanks in advance.

I noticed that the last version of ReClock (1.9.0.7) was for PowerDVD 18, does this mean I won't be able to get it to work with editions above that?
This is correct, unfortunately.

I really don't want to use Corel WinDVD 12 (which has PAL TruSpeed)
In my testing some years ago, the PAL "TruSpeed" did not adjust the pitch correctly. I considered it useless.

If so, what solutions can I consider for my PAL speedup?
With some effort you can convince Kodi to slow down PAL DVDs with resampling. You need to do some advanced config file editing. I haven't done this for many years. Media Player Classic should work with ReClock and DVDs. VLC unfortunately does not.

JRiver Media Center also has some kind of reclocking feature (I think they call it 'videoclock'), but I'm not sure if it can do PAL speeddown. (Edit: apparently based on their wiki, it can: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/VideoClock)
It's worth asking on their forum. If you're ready to pay for software to play discs personally I'd rather pay them than CyberLink.

I am happy to update those looking at this post that the latest version of PotPlayer works with DVDs and ReClock!
ReClock is an incredible tool! I had no idea how bad Corel's 'PAL TruSpeed' was...
Thanks, everyone for your help!

EDIT: The best part is that I totally found this by accident when looking for a WAV player that could read ID3v2 tags. I opened it and there it was..: ReClock!

Back