• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock Encode AC-3 only works for stereo?

poisonsnak

When I check the box "Use AC-3 Encoding" it works with stereo source files (my receiver says DD 2.0, or if I also check "only with multi-channel sources", it says stereo PCM), but if I have a 5.1 source no output is passed to my receiver. I suspected my receiver, but I installed AC3Filter and it works as expected with the same file (receiver reports DD 5.1). The downside to using AC3Filter, is Reclock now has to accept bitstream which doesn't work very well (correct me if I'm wrong?)

Any ideas? Some basic information about my setup:

MPC-HC 1.7.8
LAV Audio, Video, and Splitter 0.65.0
Reclock 1.8.8.5
xy-vsfilter 3.0.0.306
madVR 0.87.21

AMD A10-7850K (integrated R7 250 - audio over HDMI. Tried both the stock AMD driver from Catalyst 15.4 beta as well as the Realtek one from 2012)
H/K AVR 247

I did take a log but I was having trouble attaching the .txt file. I will try again later today.

In Reclock I have both audio interfaces set to WASAPI, and under PCM output I changed the format to 16-bit int as my receiver can't handle higher and changed quality to Best Sinc, but everything else is at defaults.

Also if you are wondering why I don't just send 5.1 PCM to the receiver, it's because the receiver is broken, and will not accept PCM above 2.0. DD/DTS work fine in any formats (TrueHD, etc. all work fine up to 7.1)

i have to enable mixing in lav audio decoder and set it to 5.1 to get sound.
when mixing is disabled there is no sound.

poisonsnak:

If you still have this issue... what build of MPC-HC do you use? I suppose it is 1.7.8.123 or higher (based on the LAV filters release).

Could you please test it with MPC-HC 1.7.8.109. It requires to use dtsdecoderdll.dll. I am having some issue which may be relevant. I am curious about the result.

Back