• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock doesn't speed up 23.978 videos to 25p automatically

H.Mulot

A movie on a Blu-ray is in 23,978, but the sound (Dolby Digital) is too low. I set my monitor to 50Hz, but ReClock doesn't speed up the stream automatically. The soundstream is still too low, the video jitters every second. When I I set it on "original speed +4,2%" manually everything works fine.
But why doesn't ReClock make this change automatically?
When I speed up 1080p-25-videos (mkv), it works automatically. When I speed down PAL-Videos it works automatically.
When I check "Time stretching when speeding up" it works for dts-sound, but not with DD.
Normally I have this box unchecked and the PAL-speeddown works fine.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thank you.

Here is how to make it work:
- In ReClock config, "Video settings" tab, set "Maximum Speedup" to at least 5%
- In the config of your audio decoder (depends on your media player), make sure bitstreaming is disabled (ReClock can't do its thing if you transmit audio to your TV or receiver in bitstream format, you have to decode audio to LPCM)
- Set your monitor to a multiple of 25 Hz, and in ReClock playback properties leave all the options on Automatic or unchecked.

If this still doesn't work, please post screenshots of the configuration screens of ReClock (Audio settings and Video settings tabs), your audio decoder, and ReClock properties during playback.

Thank you for your answer.
One further question before I start configuring: If I disable bitstreaming, are 7.1-soundformats like Dolby Atmos or DTS HD 7.1 still support.
By now I have disabled DD5.1 in the settings of my audio decoder.
And below are screenshots of my actual ReClock settings. Bistreaming ist not disabled to preserve 7.1. But PAL speeddown (from 25 to 24 fps) works perfectly (movies run smooth, sound is lowered. Why doesn't speedup (from 24 to 25 fps)? Or rather: why not automatically, just manually?
I just want to understand it

Gesendet von meinem BlackBerry KEYone mit Tapatalk

Took quite a while...5eaaa68f-a96d-435f-aa76-a1b1abbf46a5.jpg59eeb1ca-7e2e-49d9-a976-b6d7ed6d723b.jpg

I found it out: I had to set maximum speedup to 5%. Now it works as it should.

Good.

To answer your question: no, 3D object-based sound formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X don't work anymore if you don't use bitstreaming as those need to be decoded by the AVR to benefit from the enhanced positioning.
ReClock works best when fed LPCM. I think it uses some tricks to still do speed changes when it receives bitstream formats but I've never tested that as I don't have an Atmos setup, and I don't want to.

Thank you for the explanation.
I think 7.1 is also not that important to me, but when those tracks (formats) are included, it's nice to play them as it's intended.
What came to my mind is, speeding up sound and picture worked when the source is mkv - with the same settings in (in?) ReClock (1% instead of - now - 5%)
But this seems to remain a mystery

Back