• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock detects monitor refresh rate incorrectly

benryves

ReClock seems to detect my monitor's refresh rate incorrectly and then sticks with the incorrect value. For example, if I switch to 50Hz it will display "Refresh rate: 50.000 Hz" (or similar) and "Display: 1920x1080@48 (1/1)" underneath. The 48 figure seems to be the one it relies on as it says in the "Media adaption" box that the "media speed changed to 24.000 fps", which results in a noticeable pitch increase compared to viewing the media without ReClock.

It similarly picks up 24.000 Hz as 23 Hz exactly. I can see why ReClock may ignore the value reported by Windows as my monitor has a "23 Hz" setting which is really 23.976 Hz (and is so closer to 24 Hz) and ReClock similarly seems to treat this as 23 Hz.

I have tried with and without the "Use GDI or PowerStrip for faster refresh rate detection" enabled and have tried "Clean-up manual frame rates database" to no avail - 50Hz is still treated as 48Hz and 24Hz as 23Hz.

One thing I have noticed is that if I switch refresh rates when ReClock is running the detected refresh rate starts at a lower value (which more closely matches the rounded value it uses) before settling at the "actual" refresh rate after a second or so.

I'm not sure if there's any more information I can provide or if there's somewhere I should be looking, so I'd much appreciate any help anyone could give me. Thanks!

Edit: I've think I've found the correct "Clean up" button (it's the one on "Advanced settings" - "Clean-up video clock timings database"). Having clicked this ReClock seems to now be recalculating timings every time I switch to a previously unused refresh rate and for the time being timings seem to be correct.

Last edited:
Back