• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock and Dolby True HD or DTS HD Master Audio realtime encoding

fanoI

I've a problem with all windows programs that likes always to do "click" and "piiiiiip" when I'm playing an audio/video file

I've tried to use Kernel Streaming for some time it seemed to work, but now windows bypass it, to do its click

So I've to always encode all in AC3 after Reclock do its things in this way Windows sees a bitstream audio and don't mess with it.

Now I want to buy an HD compatible receiver and this will not be tolerable anymore, but Kernel Streaming seems to not work with my system (Intel HD GPU + Realtek SPU and SPDIF output, I've to see if it's different using HDMI ) the idea is to add Dolby True HD and/or DTS HD MA encoding to the already present AC3 enconding so if one has not Kernel Streaming or if it doesn't work, as in my case, he/she can have bit-perfect audio the same.

The questions now:

1. It's feasible?
2. In our opinion It uses too much CPU?
3. Is it guaranteed (as I think) Windows cannot mess with it?

Let me know what you think,

fano

The questions now:

1. It's feasible?

No. Just output multi channel PCM (7.1 if you like) via HDMI. Encoding to HD audio formats doesn't make any sense.

IMHO it has sense... what to do when you're playing a beast as this:
http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L38SACD_tr1_mch_96kHz.flac

and together you've Firefox opened and it do want to CLICK?

You've 2 choice:
  1. You've Kernel Streaming; OK Firefox can't click anymore 8)
  2. You have NOT Kernel Streaming you must hear CLICKS or encode in a bitstream format (now it's AC3, but tomorrow if you do my enchantment could be DTS/DD HD) to be "bit-perfect" (that is NO CLICKS anymore) 8)

So you could re-think this, please :bowdown:: ?
It does have sense, IMHO :doh:

With Win7 you have WASAPI exclusive mode (which Reclock supports).

Yes I've forgotten the OS is the older Win XP, cutted and taylored by me to be a Mediacenter OS 8)

Time to move forward :). I too was wary of moving to Win7, but it has proved better in every way.

Yes but if wasapi (it's the kernel streaming equivalent, right?) does not work, too?

There for sure a lot of machine as mine (Asrock Core 100) that have this problem (kernel streaming bugged) or other audio card that haven't Kernel Streaming or wasapi support altogether,... with my solution we have a UNIVERSAL way to have bit-perfect audio without relying T not in hardware (it has kernel streaming support? Then it works, it has not? No work!) nor software (it's XP? Then not work! It's 7? with wasapi yeah then it works!)

Converting in Dolby True HD o DTS HD Master Audio as it's bitstream I'm garanuued to have not messing by the OS...

A commercial DTS-MA encoder:
http://www.dts.com/Professionals/Pr...ng/DTS_HD_Master_Audio_Suite_TM/Overview.aspx

It could be in some way integrated with reclock?

Of course with Windows something can always be broken! But, unlike KS, WASAPI should be supported by all certified audio drivers. All you need then is support in your application and, fortunately, that is provided by Reclock.

It's not possible to create a Frankstein monster right?
That is Windows XP with the Wasapi part of Vista/7, right :p ?

... well I suppose you've to substitute all the Kernel to do this... and you haven't XP anymore :bang:

If you want to bitstream TrueHD and DTS-HD you also need driver support, and in fact, there are fewer hardware devices able to bitstream these formats, than there are able to output 7.1 LPCM via WASAPI exclusive, plus ALL that can bitstream TrueHD and DTS-HD can also output 7.1 LPCM. Also, AFAIK TrueHD and DTS-HD don't even work on XP unless you use Arcsoft Total Media Theatre and a Xonar HDAV.

Last edited:
Back