• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Reclock 3D Bluray Support

Opher

I think there is a problem with 3D Bluray support in Reclock.

In TMT5 the problem stems from the fact that TMT sets the refresh rate at 24hz for 3D content, regardless of whether the built-in auto refresh rate feature is set on or off. Reclock doesn't identify the content's refresh rate and falls back to the default, but TMT5 sets the rate at 24Hz and since the event raised by Reclock in this case is GREEN, I can't capture it and change back to 23.976.

In PowerDVD12 the content's refresh rate being identified by Reclock is 47.952 (23.976 x 2). This makes some sense, because each frame actually consists of 2 full frames. However, the refresh rate should still be 23.976 (this is also what the projector shows when playing back 3D Blurays from a stand alone player).

Is there any way to make Reclock identify such content and work its magic?
I think that in PowerDVD12 at least, it should be able to recognize that 47.952 actually means 23.976 and correct for that frame rate.

Thanks,
Opher

Does no one else watch 3D Blu-rays and has come across this problem?

I think there is a problem with 3D Bluray support in Reclock.

In TMT5 the problem stems from the fact that TMT sets the refresh rate at 24hz for 3D content, regardless of whether the built-in auto refresh rate feature is set on or off. Reclock doesn't identify the content's refresh rate and falls back to the default, but TMT5 sets the rate at 24Hz and since the event raised by Reclock in this case is GREEN, I can't capture it and change back to 23.976.
Why not? You can set ReClock's allowed speed up/down. And what's wrong with 24Hz? If you let ReClock resample, it is the correct speed.

In PowerDVD12 the content's refresh rate being identified by Reclock is 47.952 (23.976 x 2). This makes some sense, because each frame actually consists of 2 full frames. However, the refresh rate should still be 23.976 (this is also what the projector shows when playing back 3D Blurays from a stand alone player).

Is there any way to make Reclock identify such content and work its magic?
I think that in PowerDVD12 at least, it should be able to recognize that 47.952 actually means 23.976 and correct for that frame rate.
Again, what's wrong with 47.952?

Why not? You can set ReClock's allowed speed up/down. And what's wrong with 24Hz? If you let ReClock resample, it is the correct speed.

Again, what's wrong with 47.952?

Well, the reclock icon stays yellow when it thinks that 47.952 does not allow it to match it to 23.976 (the video refresh it detects). Are you saying that the reclock magic still works for 3d even though the icon stays yellow. This 3D Problem and the most requested features ever "audio delay" (optimally based on a multiple of frame rate... for example delay audio by 3.23 video frames).... would make reclock even better.

Hi,

i have another problem with reclock in 3d mode with powerdvd 13 on a nvida 690 card...

The screen stays black, but i can hear sound and can click the invisible menubuttons.

if i remove reclock from powerdvd13 all works perfectly (except the stuttering because reclock is not loaded)

cya

In my experience, when I switch between 2D and 3D, I must clean-up video clock timings database, or there will be stuttering sound every a few seconds. Maybe the refresh rate is slightly different in 2D/23Hz and 3D/23Hz, and ReClock can't distinguish.
Once the database is cleaned, I have to play a 2D video first to make ReClock recompute clock timings. Playing 3D videos without those database will freeze my PC. :confused:
Then, I can enjoy 3D Bluray without stuttering.

In my experience, when I switch between 2D and 3D, I must clean-up video clock timings database, or there will be stuttering sound every a few seconds. Maybe the refresh rate is slightly different in 2D/23Hz and 3D/23Hz, and ReClock can't distinguish.
Once the database is cleaned, I have to play a 2D video first to make ReClock recompute clock timings. Playing 3D videos without those database will freeze my PC. :confused:
Then, I can enjoy 3D Bluray without stuttering.

I have the same problem. One solution would be to create a custom 3D screen resolution. Then you can set the correct refresh rate. Anyone know how to do this?
Maybe some registry hack?

Back